Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Weathertech question

Murderface

Reaction score
I noticed that on Weathertech.com that they don't have an option for a manual trans and states that they won't fit. Now on another site that sells the weathertech digitalfits that they do have an option for the Xrunner and manual trans.

I'm really trying to find as much info as I can cause looks like they're gonna be an XMas gift from my parents.

Does anyone know any more info about these?

Here's weathertechs site and info :http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvp...iceIds=618,755

and here's the other site that has a listing for the XRunner
http://www.streetsideauto.com/produc...APQString=None

Thx in advance:top:

dmbfan73

Reaction score
i ordered mine from weathertech.com and they didint have the ones for manual. has something to do with how high they are around the clutch pedal. when i got them i did a test fit by pushing the clutch all the way down and the mat is about an inch or so too high. i trimmed the area around the clutch and havent had any problems. these mats are well made so after i trimmed it you couldnt even tell anything was done. hope this helps.

micpun

Reaction score
they wont sell any for manual because of fitment and legal issues. pretty much wat dmbfan73 says, i had to trim mine so the was some clearance for the clutch pedal.

Vince77

Reaction score
Some had that problem and some didn't. Mine don't come anywhere close to the pedal.

Gadget

Reaction score
I have the custom formed plastic mats in all of my Toyotas. They fit fine in the XRunner. I am having trouble with the clutch in my 4Runner with the manual transmission. It hangs up on the clutch.

G

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Order them for the auto trans model and if you need to trim them, make it happen....they removed the manual set because of trimming issues and legal issues to cover their asses in case something happened. :top: I trimmed 1/2 inch off of one side and contoured the cut to make it look oem and have zero issues. You doing mechanic work, should definitely have these in your X. :top:

Tapp

Reaction score
i have the weathertech mats..i didnt have to trim mine, had them since 07!

Murderface

Reaction score
Order them for the auto trans model and if you need to trim them, make it happen....they removed the manual set because of trimming issues and legal issues to cover their asses in case something happened. :top: I trimmed 1/2 inch off of one side and contoured the cut to make it look oem and have zero issues. You doing mechanic work, should definitely have these in your X. :top:

I've always changed my shoes before I leave work so I don't track any shit into my truck. that is true about being mechanically inclined and all, just wanted to double ckeck and make sure there wasn't a wrong set to buy. If I could get a set that didn't have to be trimmed then that would be ideal.

Thx for all the info guys:top: I'm gonna go ahead and get the black one for the front and back then:rockon:

Tapp

Reaction score
hell yea bro!! GO FOR IT!!

being the whole mechanic i understand...weathertech mats have def. save my truck from stains!! BIG TIME

Murderface

Reaction score
hell yea bro!! GO FOR IT!!

being the whole mechanic i understand...weathertech mats have def. save my truck from stains!! BIG TIME

Ya its too bad I cant upgrade my center console lid and door armrests to the suede cause they will get trashed:thumpdown: even though i clean the dogshiit out of myself before i get into my truck, over time everything looks like my underwear:biggrin:

Amarillo X

Reaction score
Dood I wear my greasy ass size 13 work boots in the truck everyday, probably explains the grease marks on the bottom of the door panel as well as the permanent dirt marks in the mats. I'll never be the guy to change before leaving the shop so will the gray weathertechs hold up to a mechanics boots? For the past 2 years I've been using courtesy mats from the shop and that's just not cutting it anymore!

Venomous_X

Reaction score
gray I dont know, the black would for sure.....i wear 10 and a half construction boots every day and they arent fubared yet after over a year :top:

Amarillo X

Reaction score
Already ordered the leather in grey so what u think the black would look like?

Murderface

Reaction score
I wanted to het grey but I know they'll look like POOP so I'm ordering black even though grey would look better

Amarillo X

Reaction score
I'll wait til after Xmas more than likely. Shoot me a pic when u r done?

nine9six

Reaction score
I installed mine last week. I had to trim about an inch off the front, but they are the SHIT!

I no longer have to worry about people getting in my truck and not 'clicking' their shoes to knock the shit off their shoes. These floor liners are easily worth the $.

brokenvendetta

Reaction score
I've had black weathertech floorliners for a while now. Never had a single issue with clearance.

sick_X

Reaction score
my weather techs fit great, and the grayheld up just fine

gunner76137

Reaction score
I got the Husky extreme floor liners instead of weather tech, dont come up quite as far as the weather techs but they are half the price ( $58 ) and no trimming
100_0023.jpg

Top Bottom