Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

weekend mods

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
before
1128081128.jpg

after
100_0022.jpg

I also got a chance to fix my vent that wasnt put together right from the factory:motz:, so happy about that

and a peek at this, (will be posting in the Sittin sic thread)
100_0028.jpg

NixXR462

Reaction score
Im an idiot it took me 3 glances to realize what you did. I was focusing on the radio. Looks good. I went to the dealership a few weeks ago and they had a Barcelona X there. I must say that is a nice color.

Jay Swift

"The Philippine Bean"
Reaction score
nice mods revo :top: nothing beats a weekend mod :biggrin:

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
Im an idiot it took me 3 glances to realize what you did. I was focusing on the radio. Looks good. I went to the dealership a few weeks ago and they had a Barcelona X there. I must say that is a nice color.

when i first started looking at the x they only had RR, and i said id never get a red truck..... the BR grew on me more and more

And i should mention that i didnt paint the actual radio cause thats getting replaced near the end of december:wink:

nice mods revo :top: nothing beats a weekend mod :biggrin:
yep, i wanna do recessed grill mod soon to where you get your mesh or whatever

Last edited:

X'ED

Reaction score
i did the same mod last weekend but i painted the radio and the air control pannel , i thought about the vents too but didnt know what it would look like, but it looks good!

Coopstain

Reaction score
i gotta ask... cause i want to do mods like this but... for the peeps that have done this a while ago... how does it still look and hold up? Im so afraid that after a few years its gonna look cheesy and crappy.

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
i gotta ask... cause i want to do mods like this but... for the peeps that have done this a while ago... how does it still look and hold up? Im so afraid that after a few years its gonna look cheesy and crappy.

I didnt use any clear so im kinda wondering too.... the only other thing you could do is dye it but that may be a bigger PITA:dontknow:

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
i did the same mod last weekend but i painted the radio and the air control pannel , i thought about the vents too but didnt know what it would look like, but it looks good!

if you do it right it will hold up

here is mine. I did this almost 2 years ago..

DSCN3249.JPG

Justin

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
thanks for the compliments guys
Justin is that the scosche DD housing, did it come textured like the bezel around the AC controls? because I dont like that I smoothed out mine

100_0021.jpg

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
nice Justin! is that the Z3? what double din housing did u use?

thats the scoche kit and its smooth like the surround

thats actually a p6800DVD. i bought it when i bought the truck

its the Z1 without the nav. I already had a handheld gps so I couldnt justify the extra grand for the Z1 ( Z3 or Z2 werent even out yet)

its a metallic black ( very close to BSP) with 3 coats of clear

Justin

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
looking really good bro...:top: i'll be doing that when I have some extra spare time...:biggrin:

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
I just got my dash kit in from ebay and the box was smashed and a tab was broken:motz:
what pised me off the most is there was no packing inside the box, guess I wont be painting that this weekend.....

Top Bottom