Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Weekend Upgrade

xptical

Reaction score
Got the Scosche 2-DIN faceplate. Took the entire center console apart. The original color was silver. I wet-sanded all the parts down. I put some denatured alcohol in a spray bottle and used that to give the parts a final wipe-down.

The paint was black acrylic mixed 50/50 with Windex. After a few coats with wet-sanding between, I topped it off with 4 coats of Krylon matte clear.

The radio is a JVC KW-ADV794. Truly awesome radio. Touch screen, bluetooth, DVD player, audio/video in and out. Pretty much every bell and whistle you could ever want.

Well, almost. I wish it had built-in DTS 5.1. Or, for a car, maybe 6.2? Anyway...

The next step is to upgrade all the factory speakers and re-run the speaker cable with 12-gauge copper. After that, a woofer box in the bed and crossovers. Actually, I don't need crossovers because the radio has them built-in. Maybe a high-pass filter between the front and the tweeters.

Attachments

• 242020_2086882452669_1263402317_2551004_6679866_o.jpg
    242020_2086882452669_1263402317_2551004_6679866_o.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 112

dramad1

Reaction score
Looks really clean. I like ,just finished mine the other day and didn't wait long enough before reinstalling and got finger prints and rips in paint. Looks like crap and have to redue it. Yours is looking sick though. I added a Lil vinyl carbon wrap on the air bag switch a/c vent and the same one on the opposite side and it made the dash pop a Lil more.

Attachments

• image-999052741.jpg
    image-999052741.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 99

Scarface

Reaction score
Looks great. How do you remove that entire centerpiece though? I've tried but I can't seem to figure it out.

Scarface

Reaction score
Thanks David. Always reaching out. Pleasure to have you as a co-owner now.

Oh btw, I meant that entire center piece with the ac vents. Lol

Last edited:

xptical

Reaction score
Thanks David. Always reaching out. Pleasure to have you as a co-owner now.

Oh btw, I meant that entire center piece with the ac vents. Lol

Once you remove the HVAC controls, the radio, and the speedo bezel, the center console just pops out. Grab it by the sides and pull.

Scarface

Reaction score
That's hilarious. But in all seriousness do you really have to remove the speedo bezel as well? Im a visual learner so a write up or a link to something usually works best. I've tried googling how to on this. No go

xptical

Reaction score
BTW, that wasn't intended to be rude. I hope it didn't come across like that.

That's hilarious. But in all seriousness do you really have to remove the speedo bezel as well? Im a visual learner so a write up or a link to something usually works best. I've tried googling how to on this. No go

If you look just above the speedo, you'll see two screw-in clips. Unscrew these clips and then pull them down to remove them. Then, the plastic shield (not the bezel, but the thing in front of it) pulls towards you. You only need to pull it forward maybe an inch or so.

After that, the center panel pops right out.

I'll try and get some pics this afternoon.

BTW, those clips are *hell* to get back in. A small dab of hot glue will help hold the prongs together to get them back in.

Last edited:

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
This might help. Click HERE

Click on first image and get larger picture with instructions! :top:

Top Bottom