Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Welcome our newest vendor - Funky Fish Designs!

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would like to welcome XRU's newest vendor - Funky Fish Designs.

You guys have already gotten a LITTLE taste of what Tre' has up his sleeve. And just in case you missed it, here is some of his handy work:

web.jpg

web.jpg

25222_10150150458140648_533465647_11746902_5357338_n.jpg

Glad to have Tre' with Funky Fish Designs on board! :rock:

gregincali

Reaction score
Iv seen his stuff in person nice work. Way to go Brother:rock::rock::rock:

holddeez08RR

Reaction score
haha, way to go man. can't wait to see what you have in store for our fogs :rockon:

TreTuna

Reaction score
Thanks Klint! Glad to finally get all this sorted and started.

For those wondering what the deal on all my offerings will be here's a quick rundown, I will be posting up full explanation and details shortly.

The halos will be my first offering to everyone. They are a very simple design that honestly look MUCH better in person then in these pictures. The installation is not very hard, and if you've done a BHLM before you've got the hardest part down already, baking and taking apart the headlights.

I will be offering a headlight modding service with this as well for full customization on our OEM as well as any other lights you want (going to be making things for our taillights and fog lights soon as well). This will include the halos, painting, "audi" style LED strips, and more. Thanks to wlylwinstin182 I will have a used set of headlights to start working on for a trade-off service as of next week. These will be used to make the installation instructions for the halos as well as be the first trade-off headlights for anyone that wants me to do their customizations for them.

If you want your gauge lights changed and don't feel confident on soldering the LEDs yourself, this will be another service I offer as well in any color scheme you can think of just about. Will go very well with a new layout from Black Cat Customs!

The emblem that you see on my truck is just the prototype for these. Sadly the person that was helping me with the cutting/engraving of these has quit the business due to family issues, so I am in the process of finding a new one right now that is not too overly priced. The main difference between the emblem shown and the one shown is that the final design will have a backing plate that you can paint to any design you want. I will also be taking full custom orders on these for your own designs including dual color leds so you can have red or blue with white. This way you can ride with white legally and when parked switch to the other color to match your truck.

Another offering as a service will hopefully be RGMs as well. Billet and normal mesh ones. Though I honestly have to wait until I have a better work area in order to accomplish this.

I look forward to working with everyone in helping you realize your lighting desires on your trucks. If you have any ideas running through your head for something you want made let me know. I am more then happy to do full custom designs for any type of lighting you desire if I am able to.

Few more pics to really see the detail of my headlights.

GaragePicFromMeet.jpg

100_0871.jpg

100_0865.jpg

p1070301.jpg

Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score
Welcome new vendor:top:

Ur headlites look sick and I'm looking forward to doing business with u

TreTuna

Reaction score
Glad to be helping out the XRU community. Just so everyone knows I am not offering anything to anyone outside of XRU yet, I'm giving everyone here first chance to get these before going to any other Taco forum.

Fisherman

Reaction score
I have seen his headlights in person and they look gooood! Welcome as a vender, tuna. :top:

rav-o-nation

Reaction score
welcome to vendor stat. bro when prices come up i will know how much to save cant wait.

Tunedx

Reaction score
Welcome to vendor status! What about projector fog retrofit?

TreTuna

Reaction score
Welcome to vendor status! What about projector fog retrofit?

I've thought about this already for sure. I want to switch all my lights up front to projectors. While I'll probably be going with the Luminous Solutions ones for the headlights, gotta figure out the fogs. What is most likely to happen is to wait to take a look at the LS ones and see if I could fit those on the fogs, just depends on depth and connections. If those won't work then I'll find ones that do and make this happen when I can. I honestly don't have the money to play with buying projectors to play with and figure it out right now.

But, basically all money I make from helping you guys out is going directly back into developing more things for my truck, which in line means more things for everyone's truck. This venture is really just a way to finance my own addiction without pulling from my real work fundage, cause I've been murdering that doing what I have with the truck already, ha!

Right now I'm mainly working on getting a new acrylic cutting/engraving person/company so I can get the emblems out and start working on some other things as well. I have a lot of ideas in mind for the interior right now that I want to start on that I need this service for. Example: Custom engraved and lit replacement panel inserts.

Main things in line for the next 6 months:

Get emblems finalized and method of custom orders fully lined up.

Finding a proper method for recessing the billet triangles and bumper grills.

Fog Light Halos

Modding Taillights, no real details on this yet. I'm just going to figure that one out when I get them apart.

Get some interior designs done for step panels, console, going to make halos for cup holder lights :top:, and other interesting things.

Hopefully will be able to design and install my full stereo setup in July when my stereo install genius friend comes out here to visit. This includes Raammating the entire interior, custom amplifier mounting, upgrading speakers all around, and instead of a normal head unit I am installing an iPad style tablet computer, I'm just hoping the one I want is out by then. Most likely going with the Notion Ink Adam, but there's some others that look really nice coming out too.

But like I said, once I have some money to toss on buying some projectors, I'll definitely be all over putting those in the fogs! I'll make sure to let you know.

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
Smells like fish in this store, jk. Congrats on becoming a vendor.

teamben158

Reaction score
I love the look of the "Audi" style headlights and can't wait to get them as I need to fix a small leak somewhere in the driver's side headlight (minor fogging after it rains)!

This is an awesome service you are doing to XRU :adore:

Top Bottom