Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Well what do I say :(

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
I guess its time to come clean. Ive joined the blown motor club :( Im not 100% what is wrong as i havent even looked at my truck in over a week.(its parked in the underground parking at my apartment complex.) Im 99% sure its done though. Ive been talking to Grumpy (thanks for the info man!!) and my story is almost the same as his. My engine sounds identicle to the video of his. Happened about 2 weeks ago. It was raining and i decided to blow some donuts and do a few drifts in a n empty parking lot. So i think it starved itself of oil like grumps thinks his did. ill be pulling the oil pan off in the next week or so and see what i see. In the meantime im looking around local scrapyards for motors and workin my ass off to get money for the motor. Times have been tough for me lately so this this just puts it over the top. Im staying positive and not letting it get to me. I know ill be back stronger then b4 after all this. Gonna be tough but i know i can do it. So thats my story some of u know already now all of u do.. Yet another blown motor :(

oh ya the title is supposed to be what do i say not is lol

Last edited:

Amarillo X

Reaction score
Oh shiznits bro...that sucks! Sorry to hear that but glad ur staying upbeat about it...

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your motor! :thumpdown:
Good luck getting the X back up and running soon! :top:

Seems like a lot of blown motors are getting blown!... maybe it's a good thing that I'm still N/A. :rolleyez:

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your motor! :thumpdown:
Good luck getting the X back up and running soon! :top:

Seems like a lot of blown motors are getting blown!... maybe it's a good thing that I'm still N/A. :rolleyez:

Blown motor getting blown?? Im still N/A.. :(

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
My oil was about half way up the dipstick. from what grumpy told me the design of the oil pan allows it to slosh around alot and when i was doin donuts it was probably all to one side away from the pickup tube and bam. ill be looking into it later next week so ill know more then.

heres a link to grumpys thread about his. like i said mine sounds the EXACT SAME! :(
http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=11154

1 more thing i have no warranty left so thats outta the question too.

Last edited:

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
Sucks bro :(

I am scared to drive my X now.

Super Werty

Reaction score
Man that sucks

for those you you who are scared, maybe pick up the 4x4 oil pan/parts

SpaceMonkey

Reaction score
Crap not another one! Very sorry man. Hope u get the truck going again soon.

rich017

Reaction score
Yep....the design of our oil pans is stupid!

It causes the oil to slosh around and loose oil pressure resulting in no oil going to the valves and everything else. It would be nice to have an oil pan made that is deep on one side, but then again you would need a different pick up tube to be made also. As well as a dipstick.

xrnnr

Reaction score
Sorry to hear man... Thats one club I hope I never have to join
Anyways goodluck, hope it all works out!

Super Werty

Reaction score
DOnt think itll work on our trucks....

EDIT: It looks like it could bolt right up....

Here is the knowledge I wanted to share about the oil pans. I.E.:

win pan - left. dmb - right

CIMG2948.jpg

Here are the close up differences. Look at how much deeper the drain pan is on the 4x4/PreRunner oil pan.

CIMG2948.jpg

CIMG2952.jpg

CIMG2954.jpg

CIMG2957.jpg

As you can tell the 4x4 model is much deeper. Better for high G cornering and hill climbing. The 2wd/Xrunner pan is much thinner. If you don't have at full on the dipstick and do to much extended turning, you can easily deprive some rod bearings of desperately needed oil. So be careful (full) or swap (if possible).

CIMG2964.jpg

Last edited:

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics werty. After talkin with grumpy my plan is to get a 4x4 motor. For the differnt/ better oil pan along with the oil cooler as well.

Rat Rod

"Blade"
Reaction score
so could somone like coupe fab up a adapter plate to mount up a 4x4 oil pan to our trucks cause id invest in one? :hmmmm2:

micpun

Reaction score
damn. sounds like everyone is joining this club. not something i want to join. i hope all it all turns out for the best.

2006nightrider

Reaction score
Damn Wild Bill...sucks to hear that:thumpdown:

If you get a used motor, let me know if you need any new parts or something (if something is missing)...I get everything at cost. Shoot me a PM if you need my help:top:

Grumpy

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your motor brother. Sad to see her fall by the same faith as mine did, couldn't believe it when you told me. Talk about Deja vu. Wish you a speedy recover.

It will bolt right up without any modification, short block is identical. While where oil pick up tube attach to the upper pan is different, where the upper pan attach to the short block is in the same location. So no worry, they're interchangable.

I had a chance to have a closer look at different in oil pan between ours & PreRunner and 4x4. Theirs are narrow & deep while ours are wide and shallow. This help theirs from oil starvation during high approach & departure angle while off roading. The design is also for packaging purposes as the front differential trying to occupied the same space. Now I make sure my oil level is a hair above full, a full 5 quarts for oil change instead of 4.8 quarts as per owner's manual.

Top Bottom