Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What caused it?

JeffSnAusTX

Reaction score
Rather than ruin DS and ntinhri's
fighting0074.gif
I thought I'd post a new thread... The X is my first experience with a Roots s/c... Couple 2 and 4 wheelers with centrifugal FI (s/c and turbos) - boost was controlled and consistent...

Was telling XrunnIT about this the other day.... I consistently get 7 - 8 psi out of my TRD S/C (stock exhaust for now) but occasionally I'll notice my "warn" indicator (Auto Meter full sweep, electronic) blink and it's set @ 8.5psi.... but 13psi?

I'll be hitting the dyno soon and will confirm boost and AFR on it...

3088162834_3d685001dc.jpg

Last edited:

RJDoute

"My Salami Nipples Ooze Milk"
Reaction score
........? Thassawholelottaboost for the TRD setup. Keep us posted. :top:

Murdered X

Reaction score
I had a cobalt ss supercharged that would over boost and it ended up being a clogged cat causing it:dontknow:

ntinhri

Reaction score
gauge malfunction.... noway no how is this for real.. and as far as ds goes hes found something hes not sharing,,

dak-rt-2a-XR

Banned
Reaction score
something isnt right....and if your really getting that much boost your head unit is spinning out of control...or a bad gauge

danger danger!

Dallas

Reaction score
i could see broken cats doing that if the chunk inside is loose and randomly turning and clogging the output side of the cat, broken cats have been seen with the trd blower before.

Super Werty

Reaction score
It happened a few times to mine when I still had cats....

I would just be cruising around and see 10 psi and like 15 when I floored it...I would pull over, check everything and go on my way and nothing ever happened. I think the gauges can get glitches every now and then...but it hasnt happened for months now:dontknow:

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Was telling XrunnIT about this the other day.... I consistently get 7 - 8 psi out of my TRD S/C (stock exhaust for now) but occasionally I'll notice my "warn" indicator (Auto Meter full sweep, electronic) blink and it's set @ 8.5psi.... but 13psi?

I'll be hitting the dyno soon and will confirm boost and AFR on it...

I will confirm... saw this first hand at the last Austin mod day.

Jeff called me like the night after or so and told me he that while flooring it, hit the limiter, and the gauge hit 12-13psi... I was baffled myself. but when he hit the peak/recall button it showed 12-13psi.

dak-rt-2a-XR

Banned
Reaction score
if its clogged cats, wouldnt that indicate that boost is backing up into the head unit and feeding that reading to the gauge?

doesnt sound good eitheir way

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
im gonna hook one of those compressed air dusters to my boost gauge and take a picture :laugh:

there will be some variation from gauge to gauge.

Justin

Top Bottom