Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What do you guys think? Too shiney?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnthonyF

Banned
Reaction score
Well, I wanted to take a stab at painting the interior. I did this a long time ago with my civic and it came out uneven and flaked a bit. That was before the Dupli-Color vinyl paint. I was a bit timid of it flaking off and I wanted a little bit more shine so I used my paint gun and laid automotive clear on it. About 5 coats of it. lol. Now, If I keep the clear, I will be doing this with the entire interior....Should I keep doing clear or stick to just the black? the pics were taken with my phone so...the glare is a little bit more intense in person.
paint2.jpg

Paint.jpg

paint3.jpg

paintb4.jpg

-Ant.

Last edited:

brokenvendetta

Reaction score
Well, I wanted to take a stab at painting the interior. I did this a long time ago with my civic and it came out uneven and flaked a bit. That was before the Dupli-Color vinyl paint. I was a bit timid of it flaking off and I wanted a little bit more shine so I used my paint gun and laid automotive clear on it. About 5 coats of it. lol. Now, If I keep the clear, I will be doing this with the entire interior....Should I keep doing clear or stick to just the black? the pics were taken with my phone so...the glare is a little bit more intense in person.
paint2.jpg

Paint.jpg

-Ant.

You prob need to install it, cause we can't really tell with it sittin on that other car. Initially, most people of have used flat black, so it may be too shiny, but we need install pics to give good opinions :biggrin:

eXuser01

Reaction score
shiney:tongue: lol it looks good the only thing is its the kick panel and i dont know about u but mine get kick every now and then:thumpdown: so id be even more nervous of it chipping away

Stevenredx

Reaction score
I like it but would have to see it in the truck to really see. Just to let you know, last time i was at the auto store picking up some of the dupli-color vinyl paint they had a couple cans of gloss too, not real sure how it would look tho.

Nice work dude :top:

AnthonyF

Banned
Reaction score
updated, I am thinking it is too shiney, only b/c If i want to do my dash, I cant put that much gloss on it.

-Ant.

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
it looks good...but I woulda went flat :biggrin:

AnthonyF

Banned
Reaction score
Yea, im going to flat black. I am starting a new thread with the progress of the headliner and others.

-Ant.

BSPX

Reaction score
flat black. you will HATE the gloss. used to paint a lot of dashed and doors that we laid in fiberglass for show trucks.

AnthonyF

Banned
Reaction score
I am going complete flat black, already posted pics of the headliner and few pieces i have done. check new posts. :)

-Ant.

Sykotic336

Reaction score
i like mines shiney lol it looks dead sexy like the audi in transporter 2 :rockon::rockon:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom