Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

what do you miss most?

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
So as I was driving home today in my F150 was thinking about all the things about my XR I miss and for me the biggest one was the 6 disc CD changer my F150 only has a tape deck:thumbdown:

So my question to those who no longer own an XR what (if anything) do you miss about the truck?

Murderface

Reaction score
I still have mine but I miss being able to shift gears without grinding, 3rd especially!

Venomous_X

Reaction score
I miss the fun factor, the good tranny, the dtlt's, the bodykit pieces staying in.... :top:

ntinhri

Reaction score
I miss all the "damn that truck is nice, is it stock?" LOL oh yea and 2nd gear drift when ever I want by just nailing the gas..

Slay0r

Reaction score
i miss going to a car show and having to think do i want to show or go today?

now i just have to go...while looking good:top:

THE MACF

Reaction score
I miss the looks of fast car owners when you beat them in a truck. The whine of my supercharger. The looks you get when other people hear the whine. Being able to kick the back end out almost whenever you want. H aving a sports truck. Having a sports truck on German back roads.

I sure as shit miss my truck almost everyday, but I don't miss the crappy transmission that would've been replaced by now.

yayxrunner707

Reaction score
i miss the whole truck. the way it looked the way ppl looked at me and stared. the way it pulled, handled, felt. wish i never got rid of it.

Helimx

"Dutch Rudder Master"
Reaction score
i miss the whole truck. the way it looked the way ppl looked at me and stared. the way it pulled, handled, felt. wish i never got rid of it.

^^^^ this....

someday I will get another X... someday.....

XDsm

Reaction score
I miss my sound system and being able to just toss stuff in the bed. Other than that my current car does more of what I want than my truck did.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
I miss my sound system and being able to just toss stuff in the bed. Other than that my current car does more of what I want than my truck did.

Didn't your X have the massive brakes? How do they compare to the WRXs?

XDsm

Reaction score
Didn't your X have the massive brakes? How do they compare to the WRXs?

They don't have the fade resistance of the Stoptech brakes. Still the stock brakes on the WRX are more than adequate. I have hammered the brakes from about 65 to 0 and it stopped pretty hard with no fade. They also handled a canyon run with no fade issues. With the XR, before I got the Stoptechs, the stockers went to jelly on me a few times. Toyota put inadequate brakes on the XR. 10.8" front rotors with single pot calipers is just not up to par for a 3800 lbs sport truck. In comparison, the WRX is stock with 11.6" front rotors with dual pot calipers on a 3200 lbs car.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
They don't have the fade resistance of the Stoptech brakes. Still the stock brakes on the WRX are more than adequate. I have hammered the brakes from about 65 to 0 and it stopped pretty hard with no fade. They also handled a canyon run with no fade issues. With the XR, before I got the Stoptechs, the stockers went to jelly on me a few times. Toyota put inadequate brakes on the XR. 10.8" front rotors with single pot calipers is just not up to par for a 3800 lbs sport truck. In comparison, the WRX is stock with 11.6" front rotors with dual pot calipers on a 3200 lbs car.

Sorry for being such a newb but I couldn't find any info / specs on your stoptechs. I know that they just barely fit the stocker rims but that is about it.

Thanks in advanced.

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
my exhaust setup i had, and having a bed to move things. im thinking about getting into another XR after awhile.

XDsm

Reaction score
Sorry for being such a newb but I couldn't find any info / specs on your stoptechs. I know that they just barely fit the stocker rims but that is about it.

Thanks in advanced.

I had the Stoptech 355mm (~14") front setup. It had 4 pot calipers, 2 piece rotors, and just barely cleared the stock rims. I think Stoptech discontinued this kit and just focused on making the 332mm (~13") kit for TRD.

355stoptechBBK004.jpg

alexxwing

Reaction score
still got the truck but i also have a 64 chevy pickup and a 86 toyota pickup and both with no radios so when im driving them i miss my music lol

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score

Thanks in advanced.

I had the Stoptech 355mm (~14") front setup. It had 4 pot calipers, 2 piece rotors, and just barely cleared the stock rims. I think Stoptech discontinued this kit and just focused on making the 332mm (~13") kit for TRD.

355stoptechBBK004.jpg

Hey Nigel-
Don't forget the to show how tight the caliper-to-wheel clearance was:

355stoptechBBK007.jpg

XDsm

Reaction score
Hey Nigel-
Don't forget the to show how tight the caliper-to-wheel clearance was:

:biggrin: Yea the stock wheels barely cleared the calipers, those were some big brakes. They dusted like crazy too. It was fun bedding them in. The rear drums would be toast after back to back 60-5mph stops but the fronts would still have a lot of bite.

rich017

Reaction score
The way it handled. That's about it. The X was a nice truck but was made way too cheap and did not hold together for only having 60K. The engine and suspension is about the only thing I see lasting

Top Bottom