Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What does everyone think about this setup?

Should I get this setup?

• yes

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • no

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • other

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

THE MACF

Reaction score
SUB:
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=510&i=136112R62&c=3&tp=112&avf=N

AMP:
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=120&i=1365001V2&c=3&tp=115&avf=N

So I'm not sure if I'm going to do my stereo when I get back next year, but was thinking about it. Listen to mostly screamo/hardcore like Senses Fail, Chevelle, Bullet, Atreyu, Used. Some Techno hear and there. I want it to be loud and clear for my everyday stuff, but when I decide to throw some 50 in I want to really feel it.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,:top:

AnthonyF

Banned
Reaction score
Do you have any audio upgrades yet? Or will this be your first?

A good 2x din with some nice door speakers (F&R) will make it very clear. One sub is all you really need for you to really enjoy your thump. The 2x din will help control it to the exact level you want. I have mine hooked up to the stock HU, and the subs hits a little too much sometimes.

-Ant.

EDIT: check out sonicelectronix.com

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Great sub/amp combo but be sure to do some bargain shopping because both of those can be found for a lot cheaper.

THE MACF

Reaction score
Do you have any audio upgrades yet? Or will this be your first?

A good 2x din with some nice door speakers (F&R) will make it very clear. One sub is all you really need for you to really enjoy your thump. The 2x din will help control it to the exact level you want. I have mine hooked up to the stock HU, and the subs hits a little too much sometimes.

-Ant.

EDIT: check out sonicelectronix.com

This will be the first time I'v ever done an aftermarket stereo system so I really don't know what to look for. I do know that if I do this I'll be getting one of the Pioneer Avic units. Either Pioneer or MBQuart components and those will be amped out as well.

xrunner5-0

Reaction score
Wow thats alot of money! I think my whole system cost a about 200 bucks more. Shop around with you local shops I'm sure they would love the sale.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
our stock HU can controll the amount of bass...:biggrin: not for individual speakers but will help a little with the thumping...:top:

I have mine hooked up to the stock HU, and the subs hits a little too much sometimes.

-Ant.

THE MACF

Reaction score
our stock HU can controll the amount of bass...:biggrin: not for individual speakers but will help a little with the thumping...:top:

But doesn't it sound like poo with the converter? Plus I've already blown two of the stock speakers.

ICEMAN

"I drive in the dirt"
Reaction score
You won't be rolling in steath mode anymore! I am fond of JL, so I say hell yeah! Look for a better bargain as steven said.

KETCHUP

Reaction score
good set up....but like its been said....shop around. you can get those cheaper. my entire set up cost me a little over 1000. and I have 3 7" screens, CS, mono amp, 4 channel amp, subX.

gen2crvtec

Reaction score
i would look at other options than jl if your not looking to shake houses, jl is a good brand but just one sub for moderate volume i think you would be able to find something cheaper that would still be able to give you what you like.

like i said not shooting down jl, but when i do my stereo im doing 2 mtx 9500's instead of 2 12w7's just because of price to performance, and plus working in a stereo shop i have seen them both

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/...compareItems=575T112D2&compareItems=206812L72

Last edited:

THE MACF

Reaction score
good set up....but like its been said....shop around. you can get those cheaper. my entire set up cost me a little over 1000. and I have 3 7" screens, CS, mono amp, 4 channel amp, subX.

Did you go to a local shop or search the net? Any websites?

rossboi

Reaction score
i'm running the w6 also, but you should look into buying just the sub and make your own box, they got the specs on the jl site and you'll save about 300 bucks

xrunna07

Reaction score
for that price for the sub and the box u could get 2 of em and build ur own box, it would be way better

BoominTaco

Reaction score
JL is da bombs, go and get it. These really will satisfy your crave for SQ and SPL. I had the 10W7 in the H.O. box with the 500/1 amp and it killed the competion. Just don't think about the price and just listen to the sound. I rather be satisfied with a great sounding system than just a cheap good sounding system... Ahead of the curve.....Fo Sho....:biggrin:

THE MACF

Reaction score
JL is da bombs, go and get it. These really will satisfy your crave for SQ and SPL. I had the 10W7 in the H.O. box with the 500/1 amp and it killed the competion. Just don't think about the price and just listen to the sound. I rather be satisfied with a great sounding system than just a cheap good sounding system... Ahead of the curve.....Fo Sho....:biggrin:

Whered did you get your w7 from?

Knight Runner

Reaction score
JL is good and looks like it'll fit fine.
Wish they would make Cerwin Vega compitions like back in the day, I'll be all over those vegas. Vegas are my fav but only own Dj/pro audio speakers. L36, ect.
I like infinity for car audio as highs:)

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
its alright...but if you turn it up too much you can get a distorted or muffled sound...IMO a double din or single din with equalizers are always the way to go...that way you can tune individual speakers too your liking...:biggrin: good luck bro...:top:

But doesn't it sound like poo with the converter? Plus I've already blown two of the stock speakers.

skilledbum23

Reaction score
wait till next year when your ready to do your system, every year new better and cheaper stuff comes out, no point in looking at last years models if u get my drift

Syndicate05

Reaction score
RFTacoma293.jpg

RFTacoma289.jpg

RFTacoma292.jpg

Top Bottom