Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What does your X Idle at?

caymanxrunner

Reaction score
Guys...

Some of you may have read my other post with my idle problem. I was just curious as I have never been in another tacoma or X-runner. When you are driving and you sink the clutch what does your RPM drop to (between shifts)? Mine sits at 1500-1200 before dropping to 900-800 after a couple of seconds. Is this normal?

regards,

Mike

Amarillo X

Reaction score
Thinking mine stays at around 1500 but I'm pretty quick on the clutch... I'll watch on the way to work in a few...

XrunnIT

Reaction score
at idle rpm will vary based on ECT. when i first start up the truck I idle around 1500rpms or so. once it comes up to temp it will drop to under 1k.

In between shifting, the rpms never drop that low for me. When cruising in neutral it will sit around 1200rpms

Amarillo X

Reaction score
^^This mans got the knowledge seeing as he just built a 1GR from the inside out!

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
As stated idle is dictated by temperature BUT also load.

700-900 is a normal fully warmed up idle depending on temperature and load on the system (compressor)

1,000 - 1,500 is normal for a cold start enrichment warm up cycle.

caymanxrunner

Reaction score
Xrunnit... thanks man. Just seemed a bit weird but if you all are experiencing the same thing then its normal. Sweet.

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
Weh di raas yuh a gwaan wid down deh boss :laugh:. Di truck alright or wha?

rich017

Reaction score
Warmed up my truck idles at 400RPM. Yes 400...

caymanxrunner

Reaction score
Yardie... boy i have no idea... rasclot people down here dont know the hell dey doing. but serious my truck is acting dogish cant hardly do a burn out... dont know hope she nah gone tired.

clloyd

Reaction score
mine hangs at 1200 rpm in neurtal untill it gets below 30mph then goes to normal idle. have contacted apr and other ecu makers, who say the idle is controled by the oem ecu and cannot be altered.

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
Yardie... boy i have no idea... rasclot people down here dont know the hell dey doing. but serious my truck is acting dogish cant hardly do a burn out... dont know hope she nah gone tired.

:laugh: Mi know weh yuh a talk bout star :top:. Check your maf sensor, clean it with some electrical cleaner. If that does'nt work, change the plugs or check the gap if they are newer plugs. Start simple and work your way up. Let me know what happens.

rich017

Reaction score
Dang bro, that's kinda don't ya think? Why does yours idle so low

I have no clue. Doesn't matter if it's 100 degrees or 26 degrees. Once it's warmed up it idles at 400. Always been like that, at least for a while.

Top Bottom