Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

what is your tint %

MistaGXR06

Reaction score
I had 35% on the windshield and all other windows but got a ticket for it a month ago and had to remove it yesterday. Couldn't see anything inside, had no real trouble driving at night either. Cali sux on the tint you cant have any except for rear windows. But by next summer I will be ridin dirty again!

blackx07

Reaction score
2.5 on back and rear windows. 5 on front windows.
soon to have 35 on front winshield.
i got "sun allergies" haha :smile:

AdAM

Reaction score
i Have "solar Sensitivity" :laugh:.

All You Need Is A Drs Note And A Medical Exemption Form From Your State/dmv.

When I Get Pulled Over On A Sunny Day And Have To Step Out Of The Car I Start Spazzing On The Ground Like A Beached Fish.

Its Hilarious! But Seriously... It Works.

Does This Work In Canada?

DanNolan

Reaction score
howd you swing that, whats the name of your doctor? haha lemme know :top:

2.5 on back and rear windows. 5 on front windows.
soon to have 35 on front winshield.
i got "sun allergies" haha :smile:

blackx07

Reaction score
howd you swing that, whats the name of your doctor? haha lemme know :top:

i know an eye doctor who wrote me that prescription haha
his last name is tate idk his first name :laugh:

six1nina

Reaction score
i tried to tint my front windows by myself, n its alot harder than it looks. i thought it was all good then when i rolled down the window it came off:thumpdown: 20% looks good tho:rock:

05runner

Reaction score
I got 20% all around on my X and wanted to do my windshield, just haven't gone to do it yet.

jandino63

Reaction score
anybody have 15% all the way around (minus windshield). If so do you have to roll down the windows to go in reverse? I had 5 and i want that dark look but i hate opening window to go in reverse.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
anybody have 15% all the way around (minus windshield). If so do you have to roll down the windows to go in reverse? I had 5 and i want that dark look but i hate opening window to go in reverse.

i've got 5% all around...I don't need to roll down my windows to reverse...:smile:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
In New York:

1. Medical Exemption
  2. Because there may be some conditions that would require a person to be protected from the sun's harsh rays, §375 (12-a)(c) provides a medical exemption. An owner of a motor vehicle, or someone who is a frequent passenger in another person's vehicle, can apply for the exemption with the N.Y. State Commissioner of Motor Vehicles. The application must contain the person's name; the medical condition, as certified by the person's doctor; and the minimum percentage of visible light required by the condition. Additionally, the Commissioner will only deem the medical condition acceptable if that condition appears on the list of medical conditions under N.Y. State Public Health Law § 206 (16). This list of medical conditions, as compiled by the Commissioner of Motor Vehicles and the Commissioner of the Department of Health, was created to protect drivers suffering from such conditions and allows for an exemption for the health and safety of those drivers, as well as for the safety of other drivers on the road.

jandino63

Reaction score
at night? I had 5% on my monte carlo and I couldn't see anything at all out the window.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
at night? I had 5% on my monte carlo and I couldn't see anything at all out the window.

yeah I don't have problems reversing at night...even with the 5% tint...

all the vehicles I ever had all had 5% tint all the way around on them...I grew up on the big island where there aren't many street lights so maybe my eyes are adjusted more for the dark...I don't know...

NoKz

Reaction score
Marathon's Presidential, which is like 2.5 - 3%, all around. 70% on the windshield. BALLA STATUS SON!

Last edited:

DC29

Reaction score
i have 5% over the stock tinted glass all around the back and the fronts are 15% but are gonna be 5% sooner or later and i want to do my windshield too after i get a new one

as for reversing at night you could install some hid reverse lights or get some tractor lights or something and mount them underneath the bed and flood everything behind you with light.

Top Bottom