Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What Pistons and Rods Should I get???

dcaff05XR

Reaction score
So what i'm thinking is that I want to get pistons and rods before i go F/I. Also wanna get the 255 fuel pump. My question is how much for pistons and rods (any other options besides the TTC ones?)
And also what compression ratio should i get? Stock 10.1? I was thinking maybe higher because if i go with the TRD i heard it can physically only boost so high because of design. thanks
:top:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
10:1 will be fine for the TRD

Pump some nitrous through that thing and you will make sick nasty power from idle to redline.

Id probably look into getting Mahle or CP coated pistons & would most likely use pauter rods http://www.pauter.com/billet_rods.htm

X-roller

Reaction score
JE pistons is what I went with and there is 3 options that I can think of that have rods for us. BC, Pauter, and TTC. I think everyone one of those will be fine for the power you are looking at achieving.... be ready to drop some cash though man. :top:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Like DS said. CP will be the best and coated. Mahl I cannot say either way, although great as well but CP has the pistons ready for our motors already. Better than JE. :top:

Top Bottom