Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What to do next...

caymanxrunner

Reaction score
Was wondering what you guys would recommend for my next mod.... DTLT or NST crank pulley and flexalite 678?? Since I just paid off the x I now have $600 a month mod budget:rockon:.... Let me know what you think...

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
DTLT hands down!! I have both NST pulley and efan(although fans not on yet) but by far outta all the engine mods dtlt sounds good and are what really wake up the truck! Saving for FI is good but once you get it the truck will need to breath better.

Another option is to look at the new JBA long tubes as well, they are a bit easier on the wallet which means you could get them and a crank pulley

caymanxrunner

Reaction score
Cool so headers and pulley...what's the big difference between stainless vs ceramic performance wise??? Or is it just looks?

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Just looks as far as I am concerned, the ceramic coating will help to prevent oxidization long term and plus shiny is puuurdy :biggrin:

bombs

"Affliction Guy"
Reaction score
You need to add a poll, but I agree on the DTLT. Get it done, post some pics!

caymanxrunner

Reaction score
Sure no prob on taking some pics... Getting the x detailed this weekend, so is it necessary to purchase the o2 sim? Also any difference in jba long vs dtlt... Wonder which produces more hp.....?

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
I only know of one member, christdenied has had both, DTLTs and now the JBA's hopefully he can chime in on the matter

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ceramic coating is necessary on the JBA headers. Due to the fact that they are made from 409 stainless steel. It will not only keep the radiant heat down, but will also help prevent against external rusting.

The DTLT headers are now made from 304 SS. So they are highly resistant to rust.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
If im not mistake u will need the sim Gadget will guide u in the right direction...Or unless you want a set of custom Headers from APR if he will make them for ya havent heard much about there headers lately.. correct me if im wrong guys...Either way yes Headers first...Hope you can get an EMS soon that will help too...

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
The ceramic coating helps keep the heat in, which in turn keeps the engine bay temps down. If you go with long tubes and no O2 sim then you will throw a CEL for a cat code. I recommend the sim but you may be able to live with a CEL :biggrin:, I know how those islanders do lol.

caymanxrunner

Reaction score
Yah dun know I panic...any light on the dash I get pissed about. Even tpms, i get a cel every week...I just pull the negative terminal when I get to work and put back on after...reset the ecu. We have the shittiest gas here all my o2 sensors are sensitive, to top it off we are paying 7usd a gallon!!!!!

VancouvXR

Reaction score
Holy crap thats a lot for gas! I thought $1.40 per liter here was a lot!

Top Bottom