Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

whats the one thing that really bugs you about your xr?

blu xr

Reaction score
i have noticed the rattle inside the cab....whats the cause?

also the engine noise....what is that and can it be fixed? i dont know that i have this prob cause the stereo is usually up.

Dewey7

Reaction score
i agree with most the interior rattle shifter rattle and paint chips. but my biggest problem is all the dumb ford and dodge lovers saying but its not american. boils my blood. i get it you like products that were made for quantity as opposed to quality. BTdub i'm totally jdm as f***:canada:

Xoverdose

Reaction score
I hate getting in on a hot day and the clutch pedal squeals like a damn clubbed seal. Then if I sit in it while at work I get some interior rattle, seriously, sitting idle and its going to rattle! I haven't had any problems with the tranny yet or paint chipping. I'll agree with the brake drums though, they have gotta go.

Overall I love this truck, just the little things that shouldn't be an issue seem to be the biggest issues.

burnboy

Reaction score
Whelp, y'all have covered it all for me. I love it I hate it. Should be sold with a gas guzzler tax lol

livinginsa

Reaction score
Body panels come loose and have to be constanly fixed. The high speed runs rip off the body panels and the speedometer only goes to 120 so I have to use a GPS to see how fast I am really going.

STONER-X

Reaction score
i have a 1972 beetle sitting in my garage that i need to finish, but i keep on spending my money on the damn truck since it runs.. lol.

and to fill in on the bug i started a full restore in 2003!!!!!

Scarface

Reaction score
... All I see are a list of first world problems... Lets be thankful for that guys. But yeah, noisy interior & exterior w/ no sunroof option from dealer and crap materials don't help. Still loads of fun & even in its current condition breaks necks & gets compliments. :top:

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
crappy brakes, drivers side door rattles, engine ticking, not great on gas, no heated seats (leather for me at least), mods are too pricey (wallets getting skinny), steering wheel is too big, no sun roof, but other than that.....its an amazing truck! looks sexy and drives like a sports car :top:

trd_sport

Reaction score
2jz swaps.......high hp #'s with nothing else.......donuts without holes......potholes.......speedbumps......state troopers.....hondas.......white people

jwg256

Reaction score
Shifting is a pita first and second gear are annoying to get through

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
I used to have rattles in the interior but then I dynomatted the whole thing. Right now the only rattle I get is from the URD S/S, which will be solved once someone.... cough cough John sells me his coupe shifter haha.

I haven't had any issues with the tranny and TOB (knock on wood) but then again I don't really slam through the gears.

My main issues is the crappy brakes. They will be replaced down the road with a BBK but for now they completely suck. Also the paint chips is another heart breaker for me... but I guess every vehicle gets them.

Overall though, I'm happy I picked the X. Great bunch of guys on the forum and a fun/sexy looking truck.

My truck really has gone down hill after I read my post from a while back:thumbdown:

Now my complaints are:
Transmission grind from 3-4th shift
NST bearing squealing like a Mofo
Door rattling and rattles in general
Light steering / no feel
Brakes
Paint chips
Poorly designed oil pan
Stock tires that hydroplane

and I think that is all I can think of ATM. I haven't even drove it for the past month cause it drives me so crazy with that squeal. Once I get the squeal fixed I should love it more again. Right now the X is just sitting in the garage like a pretty sculpture. :laugh:

Top Bottom