Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What's your favorite "fun driving" roads in Cali?

TreTuna

Reaction score
So being new to the Cali area for the most part (only been in LA for 6 months) I'm looking for good roads to have some fun on. Looking for things like canyon runs and other twisty windy roads to have some fun on. I've heard of a few, but seem to have lost track of them. So post up your favorite roads to cruise here! Doesn't matter where in Cali it is, this can be a list for everyone to reference to when looking for a fun place to waste some gas. :top:

Will add this link to the mix to start. It has a listing of good roads for all across the country! http://www.angelfire.com/fl/roslewski/goodroads.html

Last edited:

COWBELL

Reaction score
Angeles Crest near LA/Hollywood (watch for cops though)
Sand canyon and all connecting canyon roads near palmdale/riverside (google it!)
lots of goodies here:
http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/california/323357-california-twisties-under-construction.html
as well as here:
http://www.pashnit.com/motoroads.htm

I miss CA for the weather, and the awesome roads.
The best place to search as you can see is the motorcycle forums.
:rock:SO FUN to drive there, you can make a hobby of seeking out canyon run spots there:rockon:

TreTuna

Reaction score
Yeah, motorcycle pages are always great for it I know. That's what really got me addicted to twisties was my '01 Yamaha R6, that I sadly had to sell when I moved to Cali, but it helped me get my XR so it's not all bad.

Made a nice little route for myself from some sites, should be fun for tonight/tomorrow. Check it out.. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...91,-118.706245&spn=0.171149,0.363579&t=h&z=12

Gotta get ready for the AutoX race on Sunday!

X-roller

Reaction score
Do you accept passangers? :biggrin: Or maybe an AutoX challenger?? :biggrin: I do this as well. We have a nice little mountain here that we race to the top of. It's awesome! Best of luck and be safe!

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
Hers a favorite route. Topanga Canyon Hwy. Go up Fernwood to Piuma, Take Piuma to Maliobu Canyon to Mulholland past the rock store and the snake. Left on kanan and follow the map posted above to Latigo.

Mr.X

Reaction score
Mulholland !!!!! FTW im going there today :smile:

Gadget

Reaction score
I like ortega hey.

It goes fron I5 to lake Elsinore.

There is a country store across from the biker bar about half way that has some bad asss jerky.

G

BSP 05 X-Runner

Reaction score
Some of the roads around Lake Berryessa, Ink grade from Angwin to the lake is pretty BA, and the roads around lenie's place are frickin fun, Rams horn comes to mind

TreTuna

Reaction score
Did the loop I posted on my 2nd one yesterday, well most of it kinda... haha, missed one of my turns and ended up on "Tuna Canyon Road" No Joke!!! Haha, and it happened to be one hell of a run too! Good stuff guys, let's keep 'em comin' and get a nice XRU list together!

sonic555u

Reaction score
You should try Turbo Canyon in Whittier CA. Its real name is turnbull canyon rd but most racers there call it Turbo Canyon for a reason its crazy as hell and there's always racers there I should warn you the street is very narrow and extremly dangerous, I my self have almost lost it there and alot dudes have fallen off the cliff and died its more of canyon for handling cars but when your down to race thats all that matters.

Rickysnickers

Reaction score
I like ortega hey.

It goes fron I5 to lake Elsinore.

There is a country store across from the biker bar about half way that has some bad asss jerky.

G

Be careful on that road. I had heard that there was a spot where it was down to one lane. I just heard that recently, but cannot verify it.

Rick

99FLT

Reaction score
If you head up to Nor Cal try hwy 49 , to hwy 108 then 395 to hwy 4 your get your share of off camber turns in the sierras

Top Bottom