Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Wheel Decision

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
my rim hunt it holding up my lift and suspension purchase:smile:

I just found these today and they are actually really affordable

sum-174-5865gn_w.jpg

17x9

If I can squeeze a 16 on there I will

whatta you guys think?

justin

SpaceMonkey

Reaction score
Never seen those before. They look pretty good. Time for a photochop. What color are you getting them?

X-roller

Reaction score
Photochop.... This is a massive rim though...... Guess it has to be seen in person to like it though.... It just doesn't seem to fit your style..... Especially since you are going with a 6" lift.... You might wanna stay with a 17 maybe even up it to an 18"...... I just don't see a 16" rim doing any justice to what you are going for in this taco..... If there is an actual photo of this rim on a truck... any truck I think it may have better responses..... I just can't picture that on your taco right now....

Murderface

Reaction score
I think that rim in that color would look killer on ur white truck:top:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
I agree with the good reverend.....in my opinion get the 16 if possible and rock the extra rubber.....will a 16 fit any of the available bbk? or is that nowhere in your future?

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it'll look BA - especially on white (probably work damn good on black too).

x20Runner05

Reaction score
That will work bro, if you can clean some big brakes if ya going that route

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
Photochop.... This is a massive rim though...... Guess it has to be seen in person to like it though.... It just doesn't seem to fit your style..... Especially since you are going with a 6" lift.... You might wanna stay with a 17 maybe even up it to an 18"...... I just don't see a 16" rim doing any justice to what you are going for in this taco..... If there is an actual photo of this rim on a truck... any truck I think it may have better responses..... I just can't picture that on your taco right now....

I am looking at 16x8s or 17x9s

I agree with the good reverend.....in my opinion get the 16 if possible and rock the extra rubber.....will a 16 fit any of the available bbk? or is that nowhere in your future?

i dont know of a BBK for the 4x4s and I dont plan to put them on. I am going to upgrade pads and rotors when the lift goes on. The 4x4 already have 4 piston calipers

Never seen those before. They look pretty good. Time for a photochop. What color are you getting them?

I would get the color pictured

Justin

pic onf a jeep

jk.jpg

jeeplow.jpg

jeepwheel.jpg

Last edited:

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
They are not real beadlocks right?

Thats the only thing I dont like (and it goes for any wheel I see), useless rivets or bolts around the rim bother me for some reason

TitanRattler813

Reaction score

Thats the only thing I dont like (and it goes for any wheel I see), useless rivets or bolts around the rim bother me for some reason

:dito: I hate rivet-like garnishments lol.

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
OBX here we come :rockon:. Oh, I like those also.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
Justin I know you mentioned you going with the FABTECH basic 6" suspension lift...keep in mind that with FABTECH's lift you will need to run 17" rims because of the larger spindles...

with that said...those look pretty good...not something I would pick up...but as long as your happy that's all that matters...:top:

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
Justin I know you mentioned you going with the FABTECH basic 6" suspension lift...keep in mind that with FABTECH's lift you will need to run 17" rims because of the larger spindles...

with that said...those look pretty good...not something I would pick up...but as long as your happy that's all that matters...:top:

16s will fir with a set of spidertrax

They are not realy beadlock, since beadlocks are not street legal. In general I dont like the fake beadlock either

I am having a real problem with truck wheels for the 4x4 market today, they are all black or black/chrome, or black/ machine and have way to much going on. And I really dont like black wheels

I would kill for a ncie set of 16x10 Weld racing wheels, but they are impossible to find.

this is the other set I was looking at, but I dont like the black or the rivets

addict.jpg

Last edited:

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
16s will fir with a set of spidertrax

forgot about those...my bad bro...

i got a set of those wheel spacers...just trying to finish up performance parts 1st...

I would kill for a nice set of 16x10 Weld racing wheels, but they are impossible to find.

what's sad is that WELD RACING went into bankruptcy back in 2006...so AMERICAN RACING bought them out and from '06-'08 they sold all their equipment that made the 4x4 wheels...because of that all the existing 4x4 wheels made by WELD RACING were sold at liquidating prices and what was not sold was scrapping for the value of the aluminum...

now that another company bought the WELD RACING name from American Racing...its now known as WELD RACING LLC...they no longer make 4x4 wheels...well i'm hoping maybe one day they will get back into the 4x4 wheels...

I used to own a set of Weld Racing Scorpios on my '94 toyota...they were 16x14...:rockon: WIDE AND HIGH FTMFW!!!
I even liked the WELD RACING Typhoons...

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
I even liked the WELD RACING Typhoons...

I had outbacks on my 99 Tacoma

Centerline might have picked up some of the tooling

These look ALOT like Typhoons

20060725160631_blackfoot.jpg

and they are forged

Justin

I am diggin these too

20060725160629_vector.jpg

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
These look ALOT like Typhoons

20060725160631_blackfoot.jpg

and they are forged

Justin

I am diggin these too

20060725160629_vector.jpg

yeah that Centerline BLACKFOOT does look a lot like the typhoons...:top:

I think i like the 2nd set better...VECTORS...:biggrin:

i don't know if you have searched for them...but ALCOAS make some bad ass aluminum wheels...they are hard to find in larger sizes...but if you do find a set...they last forever...:rockon:

Top Bottom