Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

wheel paint time!!!!!!

STONER-X

Reaction score
well, i bought the paint to do my wheels.... its a custom color.....it's name..... Tobacco Copper... its candy red and candy root beer over metallic black (three stage).. the out come is a black / bronze / copper type tone. during the night or in poor light it looks metallic black, but when its out in the sun its almost like a smoked bronze.

why this color well, i liked the black rims, but people had them already, and i liked the bronze rims, but that to people had. i like thing slightly different, so i wanted to combine the two and that was the out come. the paint wasn't cheep, but it will be worth it in the end cause it will be only me:biggrin::biggrin:........ unless someone is hiding out and holding back on the pics:thumpdown::biggrin::biggrin:

as soon as its time for new tires which is soon ill post, i had to tell someone who would understand..... yall :biggrin:
ill see if i can get a preview of the color on some paper or something:rockon:

Coupe

Reaction score
I am painting mine the same color this week end....

:biggrin: Just Joshing..

Does sound like a cool color.

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I know with you behind the gun, it is going to turn out well. Can't wait to see the outcome.:top:

STONER-X

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out what else i can paint, ill have a little left over. I'm thinking head lights (redo since the pass fogs up) this is a lot nicer paint, or even the top and bottom grills. Just don't know if it will look good. I'm gonna have to give the truck a good stare down after i do the wheels and see where i can put it. (oh ya, put it haha)

Rat Rod

"Blade"
Reaction score
hey im going to get my rims powdercoated black and i was wondering if anyone new of a good shop to do it in houston

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
paint your face that color...

is it spray gun or paint brush or spray can?

Mr.X

Reaction score
dude im not going to lie but i just painted mine last week and it sound almost the same in the shade they look like black chrome or really shiny black but in the sun its like a bronze/gunmetal color ill post pix later on today maybe

Venomous_X

Reaction score
:fail: at no pics yet.....one or two weeks is an eternity in the Xr world......:bawling:

STONER-X

Reaction score
i know i know... i just need a good weekend where i can do it because im going to take off the wheel weights and have them rebalance. after i paint them since i dont want any unpainted spots when i get them rebalanced.. i figure start on a thurday when i have friday off (2 a month). its a three stage paint, so drying time will be longer than the actuall painting time..... prep and start paint on thur. clear friday, rebalance sat.. and if i dont think they are dry enough or dont finish in time ill have sunday to let them sit and ride the motorcycle to work monday and deal with it later..... thats the plan for me..... i have monday off next week so maybe ill start it this weekend and ill have monday as a buffer day..... but it will be soon!!! i know all talk no show :)

Top Bottom