Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Wheel well cleaner

Wayne R

Reaction score
I would not recommend spraying WD-40 on your X wheel wells. This stuff has a lot of petroleum distillates which will eat paint, plastic, and rubber. This stuff is also highly flammable.

xrunner224

Reaction score
i take my rims off the truck and do a detailed rim cleaner that you get from advance or autozone

everytime i wash it

rich017

Reaction score
+1 on ther griots product. Thats all I touch the truck with. I get mega discont though through a friend that works there.

IMAGE_255.jpg

Ditto on the vendor.

Im sure a lot of us would buy there stuff if we got some discounts. I know griots is good:top:

CJX-RUNNER

Reaction score
i take my rims off the truck and do a detailed rim cleaner that you get from advance or autozone

everytime i wash it

^ Really?... I just spray in their everytime with a little degreaser or wheel cleaner, then power wash it off. Do it everywash, and oh yeh wash your truck weekly! And for cleaning the stock wheels, get in their with a sponge and wash, dry and then polish with some Mequiars wheel polish...To each is own but it works for me!

eltus

Reaction score
I would not recommend spraying WD-40 on your X wheel wells. This stuff has a lot of petroleum distillates which will eat paint, plastic, and rubber. This stuff is also highly flammable.

and can loosen up some bolts and nuts!

every time i wash it

I did this once with my 350Z, I got it used and the wheels were really dirty so I went to one of does coin car wash places late at night removed all 4 wheels and detailed them and the wells.

The X I got new, so I just keep them clean so I don't have to do that yet.

XR-Ace

Reaction score
the easiest way to go about this is to scrub the wheel wells while your washing the x like your washing any other part and rinse. After your done drying your x the wheel wells should be dry now, armor all your tires and your wheel wells i use like a little sponge i just spray the armor all in it.. i do this to mine every time i wash and they look like new. :top:

Last edited:

blueblazeracer

Reaction score
yeah the undercarrage is the dirtiest part. cleaning it is like douching the truck lol. nothing is funner than a really clean girl.

I will talk to my friend about the vendor thing and see what i can do.

Tunedx

Reaction score
yeah the undercarrage is the dirtiest part. cleaning it is like douching the truck lol. nothing is funner than a really clean girl.

I will talk to my friend about the vendor thing and see what i can do.

Any updates on the vendor thing.

I'm interested in some Griot's products and sure there are a bunch more on this site.

Xtacy

Reaction score
youre not talkn bout the tires itself, but inside underneath right? mine are dirty as shit too...i tried scrubbing it n it wont come off

ntinhri

Reaction score
Its like scrubbing and just when you think your done.. booom it poops up agian...

Last edited by a moderator:

Tunedx

Reaction score
I just clean my wheel wells when the truck is washed once a week.

ntinhri

Reaction score
I wish I had the time to do that..

Last edited by a moderator:

Wayne R

Reaction score
When you wash your vehicle, use a long-handled Wheel Well Brush and a Foam Gun filled with a high quality car wash soap.

If your Wheel Wells are extremely dirty you may need to scrub accessible areas with a stronger cleaner and pressure wash. Once you get the wheel wells clean then just maintain them as you would when you wash the vehicle, using the aforementioned implements. :smile:

Last edited:
Top Bottom