Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Wheels going in

DannyJAF1

Reaction score
Wheels are going in for powder coating (flat black) in the morning...finally! I was thinking about plastidipping both the center caps and lug nuts...thoughts?

DannyJ

darthyota

Reaction score
it wont last on the lugs just go get some nice black ones the caps however isnt a bad idea

Coupe

Reaction score
For the plastic, I would use Krylon Fusion. It will work well.

DannyJAF1

Reaction score
how much cost powder coatting the stock wheels?

It's kind of pricy here in PC because of supply and demand but its $85/wheel if preped already and if not preped they have a guy they send the wheels to that charges $65/hr.

All said and done I'll probably pay around $550

DannyJ

X-Caliber

Reaction score
Jesus. You can buy a PC kit for much cheaper than that.

I'll spray paint your rims, wetsand and clear all four of them for 50 bucks lol.

dean9

Reaction score
cost to powder coat

I am in Allentown, PA. I am picking up my wheels tomorrow from King Coating. They stripped them and coated them for $75.00 a wheel.

Murderface

Reaction score
U can use Duplicolor hi performance wheel paint for the center caps. I used that for my rims and center caps and they're both holding up well after 2 years from the date they were painted.
2d3585f5.jpg

benxr

Reaction score
I am in Allentown, PA. I am picking up my wheels tomorrow from King Coating. They stripped them and coated them for $75.00 a wheel.

What kind of finish are you getting done? I found them online the other day and was considering giving them a call, $75 a wheel seems like a pretty good price. Can you post pics once you get them back?

DannyJAF1

Reaction score
Jesus. You can buy a PC kit for much cheaper than that.

I'll spray paint your rims, wetsand and clear all four of them for 50 bucks lol.

If I wanted my rims spray painted then I would spray paint them. :top:

Does this "PC Kit" you speak of happen to come with a bead blaster and oven large enough to accomodate a wheel?

U can use Duplicolor hi performance wheel paint for the center caps. I used that for my rims and center caps and they're both holding up well after 2 years from the date they were painted.

Thanks brother, I'll check that out.

Last edited:

DannyJAF1

Reaction score
Finished product

Yup, and all said and done it was only $405. :rock:

Attachments

• 207027_1864725491375_1038125189_32109776_544954_n.jpg
    207027_1864725491375_1038125189_32109776_544954_n.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 168

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
Now put a SWB line on the lip of the rim

mr2mkii

Reaction score
looking good... however I think all black is just too much black... black also look small so I think it makes the wheels look smaller then they really are.

Only reason I went for matte black on my truck was because of all the ''rivets'' all around the wheels... they give some details to the wheels and make them look better I think...

your truck looks good however and if you like them that way then perfect

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
I paid $625 when i got mine done stock wheels have to be blasted clean first before the new PC

Murderface

Reaction score
looking good... however I think all black is just too much black... black also look small so I think it makes the wheels look smaller then they really are.

Only reason I went for matte black on my truck was because of all the ''rivets'' all around the wheels... they give some details to the wheels and make them look better I think...

your truck looks good however and if you like them that way then perfect

It's true cause when I wear black shoes my feet look small and white shoes make them look big. The rivets ur talking about on ur rims I'm not a fan of, just more shit to try and clean. I like a simple rim that's easy to get to all the tight spaces and make them clean

Top Bottom