Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

When do the 2012s come out?

Makani

Reaction score
So I was planning on picking up a 2011 this weekend, got all my stuff together and was ready to buy, but i say that ford had already released a bunch of 2012 stuff. so i dont wanna buy a 2011 then a few weeks later the 2012s come out. I was wondering if you guys knew when toyota would release their 2012 xrunners and if i should just be patient and wait a little while.
thanks

Reaction score
Does it really matter THAT much? I mean, you could save yourself a few coins if you found a new 2011 sitting on a lot with 100 miles on it and no previous owners just because the 2012's just came out. I know they probably don't keep brand new XR's sitting on lots in huge numbers but you never know.

x20Runner05

Reaction score
I dont know if you want to keep waiting cuz their is a redesign coming out. No they dont keep loads of XR's on the lot. Pretty much special order. You lucky to even find a used one on the lot muchless a new one.

Straight off toyotaland....The Tacoma is due for redesign in 2012-13 and is expected to get 4Runner styling.

rich017

Reaction score
I would wait for the re-design to come out. You would be kicking yourself of you bought a 2011 and then a new truck comes out a year and a half later. But then who knows if Toyota will have a new sports truck to replace the X-runner

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
dude personally I'd wait, and i wouldn't say the XR is special they aren't as common as Mustangs or Camero's but i still see 2-3 a day

Makani

Reaction score
for the redesign, is it the 2012s that come out in 2011 or the cars that come out in 2012? i dont mind waiting a month or two, but my car now is pretty busted and i dont know if itll last a year and a half.
as for the availability in the lots, xrunners seem pretty popular in hawaii and the lot i went to had 3 black and 1 red and 1 blue

2006nightrider

Reaction score
It's TBD at the moment. So far I've been told that we can't even start ordering a 2012 model until late summer.

If that's the case, we won't see a 2012 Tacoma on our lot till Winter.

Keep in mind that the first build for the 2011 Tacoma/X-Runner was 07/06/2010...so I'd imagine the 2012 build will be around that same time of year

Makani

Reaction score
Dang, id have to wait 6 months. Not too sure if I'm patient enough for that. Do you know if those are gonna have any changes?

2006nightrider

Reaction score
Dang, id have to wait 6 months. Not too sure if I'm patient enough for that. Do you know if those are gonna have any changes?
Word through the grapevine is that it's supposed to be a complete redesign...but I haven't received 100% confirmation on that yet.

x20Runner05

Reaction score
for the redesign, is it the 2012s that come out in 2011 or the cars that come out in 2012? i dont mind waiting a month or two, but my car now is pretty busted and i dont know if itll last a year and a half. As for the availability in the lots, xrunners seem pretty popular in hawaii and the lot i went to had 3 black and 1 red and 1 blue
In a place like Hawaii they could be popular. But over on this side the pond they arent easy to come by. I mean 2,000 XR's a year for 6 years is like 12,000 Xrunner trucks total give or take. 2012 model would be same if it is built in July 2011 or February 2012. Besides 2012 model may not be what you exspect so you may be waiting time waiting. Waiting for newest new models is a gamble.

It's TBD at the moment. So far I've been told that we can't even start ordering a 2012 model until late summer.
Keep in mind that the first build for the 2011 Tacoma/X-Runner was 07/06/2010...so I'd imagine the 2012 build will be around that same time of year
I agree they generally come out same time every year. Except where i saw 2011 camry's in april 2010. I think its a popularity thing.
l

i want yo see if they changed any thing on them
Last i read it said suppose to look something like a 4Runner but 2006Knightrider would have better clue then me cuz all i do is work in service.

Last edited:

Makani

Reaction score
thanks for the info and opinions. i think imma wait it out. my car has carried me for 200k miles so itll carry me for a few more months.
could you guys keep us posted on the info about the 2012s?
i was all stoked about getting a new truck but ill be even more stoked to get a newest truck (if that makes any sense)

Outburst

Reaction score
Isnt' the 2012 tacoma due for a redesign? will the XR even be out anymore? they might have a whole new line of street trucks available if they do a redesign.

Makani

Reaction score
if theyre redesigning the normal tacomas i hope theyd redesign the X along with it. if not they probably will have something equally as cool. but if they release a dud i will still be able to get a good deal on a 2011 X

Xrunner Drifter

Reaction score

2006Nightrider is right, I work at the factory and we won't be producing 2012 until august for full production.

Isnt' the 2012 tacoma due for a redesign? will the XR even be out anymore? they might have a whole new line of street trucks available if they do a redesign.

Yes the Xrunner will still be around. It will just be redesign.

Last edited:

Makani

Reaction score
sweet, im excited about it. do you think itll be the same price? or do i need to start saving up more?

x20Runner05

Reaction score
It would be sick to have the newest design out on a model. Yes I would say saving just in case. That won't go to waste cuz you could put a bigger down payment or use the ever cash for mods. Just keep checking on here or using google to find the info you need.

Top Bottom