Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

When do you guys shift?

What rpm do you shift at for regular driving conditions?

• Total voters

speckdzl4shzl

"Gym Junkie"
Reaction score
yooo sell your iphone on ebay. they're going for 350 for a 3G. that's what im doing. bought it in august for 200 bones...

nine9six

Reaction score
Thats what I'm going to do. My work is buying me an iPhone 3GS and paying my bill every month. Saving an extra $115/month on top of the usual...I may be boosted by years end! *crosses fingers*

EndThreadJack :smile:

akxr79

Reaction score
fnny you started this thread, ive wanted to ask this question for months now. really interested to see what people say.

Im guessing you mean between 2K and 3K, 3K and 4K, etc

Well you guys with nice exhausts can enjoy the sound of your XR. I have a stock exhaust and it sounds like....well, you know. :fail: :laugh:

That'll change when I get my tax return (or sell my iPhone, whichever comes first). Then my MPG will drop while I enjoy the sooooooound. :top:

its not even just exhaust, the intake adds so much roar to your engine. I think cabin wise intake is louder than the exhaust

Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score
As long as I shift after 3K I won't hear any gear nash. So between 3K and 6200 w/7+psi:top:

PiNkY

Reaction score
As long as I shift after 3K I won't hear any gear nash. So between 3K and 6200 w/7+psi:top:
DAMN!!!!! What kind of gas mileage you gettin?

And yes I ment k's - i don't know how to fix it. Or is that something for a moderator?

DustyXRunner

Reaction score
between 3k and 4k, i love the way my intake/exhaust sounds so i always hold the gas a little longer than i should. :driver:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
25-2700 for the most part unless im aggravated, then maybe 45-5000

vryblu808

Reaction score
yeah... my exhaust is way too loud to be shifting any higher than 3k. I like the sound but it interferes with the whatever movie i am watching at the moment! :frown:

Ray08BSPx

Reaction score
When i'm not shifting right before the limiter I usualy end up shifting at 3k or just under.

Rat Rod

"Blade"
Reaction score
well my truck shifts like a big rig so i cruise up to like 3k and clutch then let it drop to 2500k and shift lol however most of the time im switchin lanes gear shiftin smooth as butter at 4500k

PiNkY

Reaction score
yeah... my exhaust is way too loud to be shifting any higher than 3k. I like the sound but it interferes with the whatever movie i am watching at the moment! :frown:
haha pricless - now what kind of movies are you watching?! Could they be spank-vision? :laugh:

teamben158

Reaction score
25-2700 for the most part unless im aggravated, then maybe 45-5000

^This

I'm usually a very calm driver. Shift early and barely give it any gas.

...but on those days where I'm so angry I could punch a baby, very little makes me smile as much as punching the shit out of the gas pedal, getting close to the rev limiter, swinging around corners, etc.

the blue taco runner

"Livin It Up"
Reaction score
In the owners manuel theres a page with the recommended shift points. I dont remember exactly what they are but its in the manuel.

KETCHUP

Reaction score
not till I hear my rev limiter hit a few times.......:biggrin:

PiNkY

Reaction score
In the owners manuel theres a page with the recommended shift points. I dont remember exactly what they are but its in the manuel.

haha who's this "manuel" you speak of? Is he one of those mexican guys sitin on the corner :laugh:

Top Bottom