Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

When do you guys shift?

What rpm do you shift at for regular driving conditions?

• Total voters

GR6RR

Reaction score
^ I agree, highlight it and it'll be a bit easier to deal with.

Twilio

Reaction score
rpm is the abbreviation of regular per minute........ Overdrive has been changed at the overdrive solenoid so that so that you don't need to fool with the overdrive button.

redarkx

Reaction score
Twilio said:
rpm is the abbreviation of regular per minute........ Overdrive has been changed at the overdrive solenoid so that so that you don't need to fool with the overdrive button.

Typo? Revolutions per minute.

4g63lover

Reaction score
I usually shift according to speed, I shift into second at 20, shift into third at 35, into fourth at 45, and fifth at 55. Havent really used sixth since I mostly do city driving. I noticed that if I cruise steady between 2k and 3k the truck gets better gas mileage.

Crimson KING

Reaction score
I usually shift from 1st to 3rd then from 3rd to 5th and cruise around 2k.

lol what?! :hmmmm2:

Last edited:

widdoz runner

Reaction score
wow you guys make me fell like im mrs daisy lol. the mrs shifts roughly at 15, 25 35 etc or when she hears the engine "whine" but i noticed that our motors whine at to points( dont ask what rpms they are i just hear it) and if im going flat out normally i use the second whine as a shift, im im playing i use the first whine, and when im relaxing i shift round 1500-1700 rpm... always above or below the speed limit but thats me. my own pace

hotrodt

Reaction score
I'm sure 8400 is possible with right valve trane and balanced bottom end w arp rod bolts.

donovanbedwell

Reaction score
I usually shift according to speed, I shift into second at 20, shift into third at 35, into fourth at 45, and fifth at 55. Havent really used sixth since I mostly do city driving. I noticed that if I cruise steady between 2k and 3k the truck gets better gas mileage.
i use the EXACT same shift pattern lol

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
I set my glowshift for 5200 when i wanna get a lil excited lol

jecbearclaw

Reaction score
I shift after about 3k, its an easy transition between each gear. It seems to let the gear change happen much easier and with less effort. Plus, I've noticed that most alternators aren't really used to their full potential, till after 2.5-3k. My brother had a mustang that he shifted around 1.5-2k to try and save gas.....his battery died often. He took it to the garage, and found out he was shifting too low. And the alternator wasn't spinning up enough to change the battery. Plus the power doesn't really seem to come out till about 2.5k.

dpartinvr4

Reaction score
I shift after about 3k, its an easy transition between each gear. It seems to let the gear change happen much easier and with less effort. Plus, I've noticed that most alternators aren't really used to their full potential, till after 2.5-3k. My brother had a mustang that he shifted around 1.5-2k to try and save gas.....his battery died often. He took it to the garage, and found out he was shifting too low. And the alternator wasn't spinning up enough to change the battery. Plus the power doesn't really seem to come out till about 2.5k.

I would think a smaller pulley would fix that

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
treat her like a queen most of the time, but it all depends on my mood...im usually always trying to calm myself down NO MORE TICKETS!!:driver:

Top Bottom