Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

when u bought the truck

Helimx

"Dutch Rudder Master"
Reaction score
my story is pretty boring, i saw it, i bought it. that's pretty much it.

but a funny little, well,not so little , sidenote. i was in lawrence ks from wed,to sat this week. i was at the local toyota stealership getting my 35k service done.(yes,06' with 35k already). so i was out smokin a cig,and i see a salesman heading straight for me. he starts his pitch, i tell him i'm getting my truck serviced, he says "what year is it?" i say it's an 06' xrunner. he says, "you mean prerunner!" (he didnt ask if i meant prerunner,he told me i meant prerunner), so i said "no, an X runner". he then begins to actually argue with me about it. i'm like wtf dude, i own the dayum thing, i think i know wtf i drive. i explain to him the difference in the x and the prerunner. he doesnt freakin believe me. by this time i was so hot i just said "whatever dude, learn your product b4 you start to talk shiz to a "potential customer". now this reaaaaaaaally pissed him off. i turned to go back to the TV room,and he follows me in. A tech is passing by and the salesguy is rite behind me. he tells the tech "tell this guy that there is NO SUCH THING AS AN XRUNNER" in a loud enough voice that 3 ppl turned around. the tech looks at me and says in an even louder voice, "SIR, YOUR 2006 X,yes i said Xrunner is ready". apparently this salesman has rubbed a few ppl there the wrong way. lol. so as i'm getting in my truck, the service manager, sales manager, and the general manager himself, come out and flag me down. 2 of them happened to be the ppl who turned around. they offer to give me my next service for free and appologize profusely. i tell them no thanx,i'm from out of town,and i already have the prepaid service program. so the service mgr runs inside,and gets a set of trd seat covers,and gives them to me for FREE!!!! i couldnt believe it!!! so i say my goodbyes,and thankyou very muches.. as i'm leaving the lot, i see the original saleman, i pull up next to him,(he was getting in his car, not a toyota by the way) and i rev my engine,dump the clutch,and did about a 50+ foot smokin azz burnout, out of the lot. The look on his face.................priceless.

i know this was a looong post, but i just couldnt believe the whole situation. but hey, TRD seat covers baby...wooohoooo..:rock:

Stevenredx

Reaction score

but a funny little, well,not so little , sidenote. i was in lawrence ks from wed,to sat this week. i was at the local toyota stealership getting my 35k service done.(yes,06' with 35k already). so i was out smokin a cig,and i see a salesman heading straight for me. he starts his pitch, i tell him i'm getting my truck serviced, he says "what year is it?" i say it's an 06' xrunner. he says, "you mean prerunner!" (he didnt ask if i meant prerunner,he told me i meant prerunner), so i said "no, an X runner". he then begins to actually argue with me about it. i'm like wtf dude, i own the dayum thing, i think i know wtf i drive. i explain to him the difference in the x and the prerunner. he doesnt freakin believe me. by this time i was so hot i just said "whatever dude, learn your product b4 you start to talk shiz to a "potential customer". now this reaaaaaaaally pissed him off. i turned to go back to the TV room,and he follows me in. A tech is passing by and the salesguy is rite behind me. he tells the tech "tell this guy that there is NO SUCH THING AS AN XRUNNER" in a loud enough voice that 3 ppl turned around. the tech looks at me and says in an even louder voice, "SIR, YOUR 2006 X,yes i said Xrunner is ready". apparently this salesman has rubbed a few ppl there the wrong way. lol. so as i'm getting in my truck, the service manager, sales manager, and the general manager himself, come out and flag me down. 2 of them happened to be the ppl who turned around. they offer to give me my next service for free and appologize profusely. i tell them no thanx,i'm from out of town,and i already have the prepaid service program. so the service mgr runs inside,and gets a set of trd seat covers,and gives them to me for FREE!!!! i couldnt believe it!!! so i say my goodbyes,and thankyou very muches.. as i'm leaving the lot, i see the original saleman, i pull up next to him,(he was getting in his car, not a toyota by the way) and i rev my engine,dump the clutch,and did about a 50+ foot smokin azz burnout, out of the lot. The look on his face.................priceless.

i know this was a looong post, but i just couldnt believe the whole situation. but hey, TRD seat covers baby...wooohoooo..:rock:

See.... that will never happen to me :frown:

yayxrunner707

Reaction score
my experience was from lame to sold. me and my mom were looking at the for a truck because they always come in handy. we went to an auto mall in fairfield,ca. first we went to dodge and looked at the rams, to expensive. then we went to nissan because my mom wanted a titan. the ppl there were •XR•XR•XR•XRs and took like 2 hrs to aprove my moms credit. my moms score is like 760 or 790, how cant u aprove a credit like that. well n-e ways. i left and got onto my moms xterra. the sales man comes out and kinda puls me out of the xterra. he tells me what exactlly to u want. i said it simple and easy. speed and stickshift. my mom was looking at the 25k range. so he tels me he has a bmw. we go look for it turnes out its sold. he tels me he has another one, sold too. then he shows me a basic 350 z. i tell him hell no. so we leave the dealer. it was like 8:45, the dealers close at 9. we were on our way home when at the corner of my eye i spotted her. in the toyota show case inside there she was. i told my mom slamm on the brakes and turn to the left into toyota. she was kinda pissed of how i said it. we go in there i couldn't believe they had her becasue napa toyota said they wouldn't get her ever. BSP X. the guy says yall want to test drive it and of course i said yes. my mom test drove it and she liked it but not her taste. too much power. so when we get back the guy was like would you consider taking her home today. suprisingly my mom said yes. i looked at her like she was a goodess. we went inside her credit was approved instantly. the funny thing is ther was another buyer there that got there 5 min after me. if i was 5 minutes late i would not be here today. when i drove it home (no lisence no permit) we stoped at in-n-out. everyone that was there turned heads. this is on a friday which is the place to be in napa. the funny thing is that i almost crashed it the first day. i knew it had the european stick shift but for some reason it wouldn't go in. not many ppl were there so we pushed it in reverse. when i got home i was like this reverse wont work. my mom gets in and she pushes it harder. it works. i was owned. i was just so afraid of braking something. its my baby. lol. anyways thanx to fairfield toyota and their quick work im here today. and tahnks to my mom. :smile: :smile: :top: :biggrin: :rock: :driver: :burnout:

XRobber

Reaction score
I heard rumors about a new Supra coming out...
I went to the dealership in hopes to be able to put down some kind of downpayment/preorder for one..
They told me it wasnt gonna happen... still too early.
So as I was leaving, the guy asked why I wanted the Supra....
I explained it to him :)
Once he realized I was into power / style / performance, he said "we have this truck here.... its pretty cool looking"..
I wasn't interested in a truck in the least.
He pretty much had to force me to drive it.
Once I drove it, I got back to the dealership and did the paperwork.

now..
I got completely ass raped on the X.
Keep in mind I had never heard of it before I saw it at the dealership - and I had no idea what actual book value on it was. I was also the first person to drive out of David Maus Toyota with one, so the dealer didn't know much about them either.

Cost - 31,999 (they wouldnt budge on this, claiming a "limited production vehicle, blah blah blah)+ some upside down on my previous car = $620.00 payments.
needless to say I paid it off in like 4 months.... I couldn't pay that payment for long.

Tacoma XR

Reaction score
Another long story...
I was looking to buy a truck because I've wanted one for a while. (The civic's not good at home depot.) I was looking for a Toyota of course, I went to the CarMax website when I saw the RR for the first time. I thought "That's a badass looking truck." I wasn't planning on buying it for at least a month, and the one I saw was the deal of a lifetime, I never went to see it in person, but I looked at the pics every night when I got off work. Finally, the day came, I went to to lot, it was getting dark, and the parking lot was well lit, as soon I pulled into the lot, I saw the RR. It made my heart stop. The light hit it just right, and I was in love. After all the initial paperwork, I went to the back and they were detailing it for me. The cute girl handling my final paperwork, handed me the keys and said "That's a pretty truck" I knew I made the right choice.:biggrin:

BigBuff87

Reaction score
I was bringing my cousin to his wedding (since his now wife had his truck) and we were runnin like 3 hours early i saw the truck and so we stoped and started to look at it and a salesman came out and asked us if we wanted to test drive the truck everyone turned it down except for me off coarse so when i got in we hopped on the interstate and the guys told me to floor it i asked him if he was sure and he said yea so i dropped it down to 3rd and took off got up to 105 and went back to the dealership and then told him i would be there mon to get it so he started to treat me like a kid (which i was only 18 at the time) but still i dotn like being treated like a kid so mon comes around and i walk in there to get the truck, and the guy that let me test drive the truck walks up to me with a smile and asked if i come to get the truck so i replied yes but wheres another salesman because u treated me like a kid and i want someone to treat me like a customer so i sat in the place with the other salesman for 6HOURS and drove away with my 05swb X loved it ever since

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
I read about them when they got released. 6 months later i started working for a Toyota Dealer and got to drive one. At the time i had a 03 Frontier but after driving the X Runner it made me miss the handling of my old GTI, but I need something bike hauling useable. A year later when i went back to work for VW which was also an instant rasie I went to a friend thats the F&I guy at a differant Toyota dealer told him I want an X. He said he had 4, pick 1 and I can have it at invoice. Took mine home 2 days later.

2 months later I went back to the old Toyota dealer I worked at to get a loaned out tool back from someone. The assistant manager was checking out the XR and said nice truck. I told him thanks, I had to quit this shiet hole to afford it:laugh:

RedXr

Reaction score
back in 05' when i was looking for a truck to haul my dirt bike in, i saw the X on some advertising through KBB. I researched it cuz it was so sexy, then ended up buying a 4x4 because i figured it was more practical for my lifestyle at the time. I drove that Dub Cab 4x4 for a year and a half, then 2 weeks before my b-day, i went down and traded that rough riding 4x4 in for my one and only.

Tapp

Reaction score
wow my story..hmm..

well at the time i had a 02 tacoma (4 banger) and i loved it..but i wanted something sportier. so was lookin on line for an S-Runner and saw an article about the X-Runner..at first i was like wtf..so i check it out..and DAMN!! as soon as i read the article i told my dad i was gonna get that truck one day...well 2 years later 07 rolls around and i just came off of deployment...i continued to read about the XR and i couldnt stand it anymore..i went home to NC and went right to the dealer.. i was lookin around the parking lot and couldnt find one..so i was about to leave then the saleman comes in and says can i help you? i said yea i want a BSP X-Runner..the dealer had no idea what i was talking about..after explaining to him what it was.. i told him i wanted one and i didnt care how long it took..well i sat down did the paper work (which was funny as well) and the saleman said it would take 4 weeks..i told him to call me once it gets to the lot!!! well i do all the paperwork lied to the guy about my trade-in and down payment..i talked him down to 23000..then i said i wanted to trade my 02 in....got a 10000 trade in..owed 8 on the lown. so now im at 21.. well as we finish the work..he is about to right the final price..and i throw 1000 cash on the table!! I GOT MY 07 XR FOR 20000!!! HAHAHA..

and ever since then its been true love!!!!!:rockon:

lamecargo

Reaction score
i was in okinawa, japan for a year and was looking online and i saw a X-Runner and it was love at first site. since my wife was in the states during this time and she had me power of autorny i sent her on a mission to find me one. after a month of looking she went to one stealership and they said they could get one on order and it would be there in a week. so i told her to get a black one and she settle on the price of 24K flat and it had 22 miles on it she drove it home putting another 25 miles on it and it sat garaged for 3 months until i got home and the rest is history. now she gets mad about how much time i spend working on my truck and all i tell her is that she was the one who started it all by getting it for me.

KETCHUP

Reaction score
It was Labor Day weekend 06. I had a 03 Tacoma SR5 X cab. Me and the wifey had been tossin around the idea of getting somethin with a little more room. One of the dealerships in EP was having a truck blow out sale. So we decided to go. We drove around the parking lot, but nothin really caught my eye. Then there it was.....my X. I never even seen or heard of the X until after I got it. I said "BABE!! LOOK AT THAT TRUCK" I got out. It was debadged, so I didn't know what kinda truck it was. As I was walkin up to the truck, a salesman met me. I asked him what kinda truck it was. He said "Dodge, I think" Well when I opened the door, I saw the Yota emblem. I told the wifey that I had to have it. She said...."we can't afford a truck like that" Then we test drove it and fell in love. My wife drove it and her eyes got big when she shifted thru the gears. We were sold. What was funny is when I was driving it home (before we signed the papers). It has an aftermarket shifter, so I had not idea about the gears. I remember that I had to have someone put it in reverse. I kept trying to put it in where 6th is. He showed me and we left. I was drivin in 5th and the RPMs were high....started thinkin about the reverse...said NO. I pushed in the clutch......pulled it down.....it went......let out the clutch......and the RPMS dropped. I called my wife on her cell....."IT HAS 6 GEARS BABE!!!" I yelled.
Sorry this was so long.....but that was my experence.

rich017

Reaction score
I had only seen one in person so I went to a close dealership over here to test drive one(salesman drove it). Took it for a test drive and after I asked for the salesman's card. He say "NO CARD because you are not buying the truck today" WTF!!!?? So went to David Maus a few months later and took a test drive. This salesman let me drive it even though i told him i head never driven stick beore. i was stallin at every light and I scared the **** out of the guy. 1 week later I had the X:biggrin:

pumo420

Reaction score

thats sick wish i could seat covers for every time i got in an arguement with a saleman i have kinda of long story ill try and make it short sorry though

I used to 2003 pontiac vibe and had nothing problems with it since day one, got in numerous accidents and drivetrain problems, i moved down to florida and kept having problems with this car. i left work early one day and decided to drive over to germain toyota i looked around alil bit and i saw an xrunner and a couple of prerunners the sales guy came out and asked if i wanted to test drive any of them i wanted to go for the x but he said that it already got sold so i drive the prerunner while we were driving he asking if i had a trade in i said sure. we got back and we looked at my pontiac well i couldn't get the car to start right away and when i did it i just left it on so he could look at it. well he test drove it and when he got back he gave me a trade in valua from 7 grand for it i didnt think twice and took it and put that down from prerrunner with a 2,000 check and took the 3000 dollar rebate so it went from 29.999 to 18.000 with all the taxes involved. plus i got 2 free oil changes and a bunch of other goodies, i think the prerunner is the buy that i made so far.

Top Bottom