Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

which CAI>>?

07XRsteve

Reaction score
which CAI would be the best TRD or URD? I was leaning towards the URD but i hear ppl have problems with them when it rains and that it also gets dirty quick>>? so i need some help which one should i go with. Which one is gonna do better performance wise>>?

CaliKnightRider

Reaction score
if your planning to go trd s/c, get the trd intake. and if you dont mind cutting your MAF wires than get the urd. both give the same amount of gains. i personally didnt like cutting my wires but loved the intake. i like them both. just your preference in sound i guess. good luck they both sound great

blazinx

Reaction score
TRD FTW URD you hasve to relocate the maf cal and you have to cut your core support

WrecKaGeJPX

Reaction score
both companies make great products. i just decided to get TRD so i wouldnt have to do any extra work. im kinda lazy. plus installation was a breeze. thats what im running right now. dont have any complaints either

Hi_On_X

Reaction score
which CAI would be the best TRD or URD? I was leaning towards the URD but i hear ppl have problems with them when it rains and that it also gets dirty quick>>? so i need some help which one should i go with. Which one is gonna do better performance wise>>?
TRD CAI.........!:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:FTW!:top::top::top::top::top:

cbfields4

"The Wedding Crasher"
Reaction score
I agree with everything stated abouve, but I also think you have look at what kind of setup you are planning on running? In my opinion all the intakes work great, it just really depends on your set up...and don't forget about tuning.

Generation-X

Reaction score
Im a URD fan...installation doesnt take that long as long as you already have everything ready beforehand. Had mine on now for a few weeks and been through a few rainstorms and snow flurries and it hasnt had a problem yet!

07XRsteve

Reaction score
thanks guys i think im gonna do the trd intake b/c i really dont feel like cuttin a hole in my radiator support.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
thanks guys i think im gonna do the trd intake b/c i really dont feel like cuttin a hole in my radiator support.

Yes, you do have to cut - but it's not a radiator support. It's a VERY thin piece of sheet metal that structurally has no influence whatsoever on the radiator itself. If it can be easily cut with a Dremel tool, it can't be but so important. :biggrin:

Just wanted to clarify that for anyone else that may consider the URD unit. Although, you are 100% correct that you do have to cut a hole, but if you ever go TRD later (like I did when I got the TRD S/C) you can't even see the hole through the front grill. I just left the rubber piece around the edge to keep it clean looking. :top:

5000XD

Reaction score
Another thing you need to take into account is if you gonna get a supercharger in the near future. The TRD unit works with the TRD cai I believe. But the URD chargers have their own unique system. Just something to think about and not to spend money like crazy.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
TRD or AFE is nice; its a 10 minute job at the max, no permanent modification to the vehicle (completely reversible with out a trace), its a true cold air intake, plays nice with the MAF & TRD supercharger, its sealed from the elements for the most part, and you yield the same power gains.

Simple, Effective, & Clean.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
its a 10 minute job at the max

You must've gotten a better brushed aluminum top than I did. :biggrin: Mine didn't line up with the screw holes and took at least 30 minutes of fighting to get all the holes to work. But that's really a moot point.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
You must've gotten a better brushed aluminum top than I did. :biggrin: Mine didn't line up with the screw holes and took at least 30 minutes of fighting to get all the holes to work. But that's really a moot point.

Guess I did, I didn't have any issues with the install. Maybe your just polish klint lol; square peg round hole kind of deal.

Last edited:

XRangel

Reaction score
Love the TRD. With all the windows open, at mid-high RMPs sounds like the truck is whistling

Top Bottom