Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Which Exhaust?

Which exhaust sounds best?

• Borla

Votes: 15 12.3%
  • Magnaflow

Votes: 59 48.4%
  • flowmaster

Votes: 24 19.7%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 24 19.7%

• Total voters

dpollard04

Reaction score
Which exhaust sounds better and deeper? Im ready to put a cat back exhaust system on the x without headers but i dont want it to sound ricey. any suggestions would be helpful.

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
To be honest it really depends on taste. right now I love the sound of my headers and intake.

Amarillo X

Reaction score
Man I am so happy to not have to see the injector poll that I'm totally posting on your thread.:adore: I have magnaflow so that's all I can speak of, but I do love the sound. Borla
is a very reputable company with a steep history in exhaust so I'd say you can't go wrong with them. However I have only heard sound clips...nothing in person.

mRESPECTe

Reaction score
I have flo-pro max it sounds awesome I think. I've had many compliments on it. Its very under rated and the price is good. Good luck with ur poll. I'm sure whatever you choose will sound good.

x ynot

Reaction score
i say magnaflow i have one on my 99 yota and love it all another one to magnaflow and take one from flowmaster i clicked the wrong one

Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score
Ive had a Magnaflow catback on my truck and then swapped it for the Dynomax super turbo quiet flow muffler and like that much better but.......the Borla would be my first choice IF I wanted to spend $600 on one. I do really like the way Steve(Ntinhri) exhaust sounds and he has long tubes,URD Y and the 3" URD catback with magnaflow muffler and a Borla straight thru in front of the magnaflow.
Steve ur truck sounds AWESOME:rock:

SicilianMobster

Reaction score
Only problem w/ my magnaflow is that the guy at the exhaust shop who welded it up welded it short so the bolts cant really do their job so theres a pretty big exhaust leak...... would that be something that he should fix... i have had the exhaust for about a year and a half...... never really got around to getting it fixed....

kcidmil

Reaction score
I say Jardine, just look up on youtube, quite a few on there.

808XR10

Reaction score
magnaflow is the best imo. but if your going for sounds the FM super 44's are nice

SooRunner

Reaction score
Borla would be my first choice over Magnaflow. Magnaflow is more towards the Mustang crowd I think....If Borla made a 3 inch can that is the same size URD's can is, I would be all over it.

Scarface

Reaction score
I have the magnaflow, & get many questions asked if its a v8. lol. Depends the sound you're going for, I've only heard mine & another magnaflow w/o the headers... Mine made me smile. :biggrin:

SooRunner

Reaction score
If I remembered, i didn't buy the borla because the borla tank size is too small. Yes they make a 3in/out offset/ center but the length is too short. I think i measured the tank URD uses was about 20-21inches I think and borla can is 14inches. Unless you go to a muffler shop and tell them to make you an 3inch extension for the borla it will work with the URD pipings.

Tunedx

Reaction score
I wonder how badass 3" borla system would sound on x w boost

Murderface

Reaction score
I've had 4 different exhaust settle on my truck over the years and have finally found a keepr. It's the 3" URD Catback with the Dynomax super turbo quiet floe muffler.it can be loud when I'm deeP into boost and it can be quiet also. I can't find any drone with it at any highway speeds which is great! I can't wait to ditch my stock Y for a URD Y and then add a 2 nd straight thru muffler.

5000XD

Reaction score
I'm replacing my old urd muffler that came with the 3" urd exhaust system with one of those turbo mufflers. I have a second magna in the front. I'm really curious how it will sound.

Limitless

Reaction score
Go with a Cherry Bomb glasspack :top: That will help wake up the neighbors

KTMrider

Reaction score
Ive got a magnaflow, nothing special. I would go with a dynomax

Top Bottom