Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Which Navi??

Which Navi??

• Eclipse 5510

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Eclipse 6610

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Pioneer AVIC-Z2

Votes: 14 51.9%

• Total voters

Stevenredx

Reaction score
How many of you use the 5510 with the ipod controller, just curious how well it works. :top:

2006nightrider

Reaction score
My last one I had was the Pioneer Avic N2...never had a problem with it. But in my X, I put the Alpine IVA-W205. It has DVD/NAV, MP3 w/ iPOD cable, WMA, Backup Camera, and Satellite Radio capabilities. Its only $1,000 now:top:. I never had an Apline head unit before, and I'm pretty impressed with this one. The iPOD controls on this are a breeze, I just leave my iPod in the center console and I control everything with the screen, you can search by genre, artist, song, etc...and it charges it at the same time!

iva-w205.jpg

lucke

Reaction score
I'd say go with the Eclipse bc it's plug and play with our Toyota harnesses. I love Pioneer but if it wasn't for the fact that I already had the AVIC and got it at such a low price new I would run an Eclipse.
ease of install is such a HUGE benefit... that and the 7" screen with dual dvd drives is the main reason i went with the 6610.

XDsm

Reaction score
ease of install is such a HUGE benefit... that and the 7" screen with dual dvd drives is the main reason i went with the 6610.

Although in my case it didn't really matter if it was plug and play or not. Only thing I used from the factory harness was the constant, ground, and ignition. RCAs run to the amps and I completely ran new speaker wire from my amps to the speakers.

wshsbears

Reaction score
Garmin Nuvi GPS look em up, make ur own decision on which one works for u. theres plenty of them to choose from. u can get traffic alerts, voice nav with audible street names, top speed and trip memory, speedometer which runs on a satellite so u can see if ur speedo is off at all and u can see what cops would see if ur on radar.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Produc...=en-US&Sp=C&hierPath=3960*21269*56373*&topnav=

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Produc...=en-US&Sp=C&hierPath=3960*21269*56373*&topnav=

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11234484&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=&lang=en-US

then u go out and get a nice DVD head unit w/out nav and enjoy movies while ur nav is goin too. plus then u can scroll through ur ipod without getting off the nav screen b/c ur nav is separate AND less expensive... trust me.. its the best way to go.

u can route the GPS cable behind the dash if u choose to hard wire it. it will go through the front of the dash where the slots are for defroster. little hard to get it through at first, but it'll go.

yes, those links are to costco.. i can get it for u, lemme know, send me money, it'll ship to my house then i can ship it to u.

Top Bottom