Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Whitebeauty build thread

Toon714

Reaction score
remember ur an auto.
drain train loss.

and when u dyno dont have ur hopes high for good numbers. i done that many time and than got disappointed after seeing the numbers.
but when u think low numbers u make more. :top: thats my theory. hahah

Murderface

Reaction score
I swear i better make more...lmao...

I wouldn't be so concerned about HP numbers.
Also why do u feel like ur not making as much power as u thought u would? I would also think that with ur exhaust mods and having a 2.6" pulley that u should see at least 8psi. Because I have genII JBA long tubes, stock Y pipe and a 3" URD catback I see 10psi of boost but have seen as much as 11 psi on really cold days. Someday I'll ditch the stock Ynpipe for a URD y pipe and a magma flow straight thru muffler, I'm just worried it will be too loud for my liking and will have to go back to the drawing board

Gadget

Reaction score
Just FYI, from what I have seen, the 4Runner mirrors the XRunner nicely on a DynoJet if you keep the stock size tires on it.

Hurry up and get your baseline so you can test out the Stegmire porting.

G

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Just FYI, from what I have seen, the 4Runner mirrors the XRunner nicely on a DynoJet if you keep the stock size tires on it.

G

^ this

Your results from your build might determine what i end up doing...:top:

Whitebeauty

Reaction score

G

The many years i have known about u and URD. That statement echoes in my head everytime i think about it since years back when i spoke to u about numbers in relation to the Taco.

You better be like Nike and just do it.....

Hahaahah...im goin im goin...lol.... I got u broskie...:biggrin:

remember ur an auto.
drain train loss.

and when u dyno dont have ur hopes high for good numbers. i done that many time and than got disappointed after seeing the numbers.
but when u think low numbers u make more. :top: thats my theory. hahah

Might have to start doing that....

Also why do u feel like ur not making as much power as u thought u would? I would also think that with ur exhaust mods and having a 2.6" pulley that u should see at least 8psi. Because I have genII JBA long tubes, stock Y pipe and a 3" URD catback I see 10psi of boost but have seen as much as 11 psi on really cold days. Someday I'll ditch the stock Ynpipe for a URD y pipe and a magma flow straight thru muffler, I'm just worried it will be too loud for my liking and will have to go back to the drawing board

Yeah i c 8 got on it hard today saw it touch 9 real quik. Been watchin my AFR cuz i know u said u wanted to c what AFR r with E85. Also Yeah it might be loud but ive learned its all in the setup u use.... You might need to put 2 mufflers maybe 3 to quite it down.... I was gonna do a single 3 but im gonna stick to my 2.5 with borla split out the back. Just gonna add another muffler to it and hopefully that kills my rasp.

Last edited:

TommyXrunner

Reaction score

man my trucks not that loud at all. i'm running catless with the 22" straight through magnaflow and vibrant ultra quiet res. the blower whines louder than my exhaust.... cruising is very nice and quiet unless your revving over 2500 rpm plus since i ditched the stock y-pipe i've noticed a decent power gain. definitely noticeable!

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
Yeah the piping.

- second gen doug thorley long tubes (1 5/8" primaries)
- urd competition y-pipe (2.25" piping)
- urd mk2 catback (3" piping and 22" magnaflow straight through muffler)
- vibrant ultra quiet resonator (basically a 10" straight through muffler. exact same design as the magnaflow)

Toon714

Reaction score
Just do a 3in electric cutout. my truck sounds like a ls motor. :top:

UTMOST

Reaction score
Lookin good dude! keep up the hard work and money spending :thumbdown:

Murderface

Reaction score
man my trucks not that loud at all. i'm running catless with the 22" straight through magnaflow and vibrant ultra quiet res. the blower whines louder than my exhaust.... cruising is very nice and quiet unless your revving over 2500 rpm plus since i ditched the stock y-pipe i've noticed a decent power gain. definitely noticeable!

Now if u had been a member on here long enough u would know that with me running a MKI URd catback which uses a much smaller muffler then ur MKII URD catback so yes...........urs should be much quieter then mine. I'm not making the shit up about it being loud, a XRU member use to live close to me and he had a MKI catback with no cats and a magnaflow muffler on there and it was loud! Sounded good but loud

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
Now if u had been a member on here long enough u would know that with me running a MKI URd catback which uses a much smaller muffler then ur MKII URD catback so yes...........urs should be much quieter then mine. I'm not making the shit up about it being loud, a XRU member use to live close to me and he had a MKI catback with no cats and a magnaflow muffler on there and it was loud! Sounded good but loud

haha ya man i know the mk1 catback used smaller mufflers thats why i specifically said 22" magnaflow. if i was you i'd buy the 22" magnaflow to go along with your current muffler. do you have the smaller magnaflow or the turbo xl?

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
I've got the Dynomax one

i'm curious as to how much louder the dynomax is compared to the large magnaflow on the mk2. is the dynomax on your catback a straight through design? i was looking at there mufflers online and they have a few different style mufflers. they even have one with an x-pipe inside the muffler which i've never seen before

Murderface

Reaction score
no its not a straight thru design, for me the magnaflow would be too loud.

Top Bottom