Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Whitebeauty build thread

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
So what is the plan with the cams in the pictures, and are they reimbursing southernmost?

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Sadly there is no liability be pointed to n e one. The only liable one here is life. Live n learn. Very disappointing. It is undecided what is in the books for those cams I was supposed to be running them but oh well Idk yet. In the meantime I'm sending the heads out to get checked out by someone who knows wtf there doin when it comes to our engines for integrity and parts are not damaged or worn out of tolerance. Theres a lot of money in those heads and I would like to salvage as much of it as possible.

Bulldogger

Reaction score
If the lobes look like that then the buckets are shot also. The pitting looks more than just lack of lube i would be concerned about the hardness of the cams.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Not really... Honestly I'm takin my sweet time with this build... Engine hasn't blown yet just a sht load of misfired and the occasional CPR.....Lmao

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Wooo another goodnight of 10psi highway robbery.... She decided to behave tonight... That's was fun.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Wait until it is running right all the time. ;)

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Dang just saw this...lol...nothin much just got the heads at APR and the breather spitting out oil...

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Refresh my memory. What are you having done to the heads?

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Refresh my memory. What are you having done to the heads?

The heads that were on Southernmost truck. Using everything but the banged up cams. Which Sux. He cleaning it up and shimming everything sent him like 48 buckets n stuff.

Do a compression test.

G

Eh why bother. It's done n e ways.

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
How long until you get those back?

Are you going to install them on your current engine, or do you have a built one waiting for them?

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
How long until you get those back?

Are you going to install them on your current engine, or do you have a built one waiting for them?

Not sure. Im in no hurry. After that will be the engine.. have everything except the pistons n bearings. Step by step.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
So as I sit n wait I've decided to start searching for an aluminum radiator n some fans. I want to run 2 fans with the most Cfm I can find. Haven't decided the sizes yet. Also while I'm on the subject I have decided that an inline tranny cooler to help keep the tranny temps down would be a good idea. Also playing with suspension ideas hopefully Torspd can help me out with the fronts. The rears well lets just say I'm tired of waiting n searching so I'm gonna have to resort to the good ol lowrider days n make my own mounting points n all.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
So you are going to add an additional trans cooler to the factory one, or are you referring to when/if you get an aftermarket radiator?

I will gladly help you out with the front coilovers. Been there for a looooooong time. I know which works and what doesn't. You'll be squared away. :top:

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Yeah additional. Hopefully those guys over there can make it with the lines in it... Called this morning n said he would call me back he remembers doing one for a Toyota. I can't recall if the 4r radiator is the same as the taco?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
It is not. At least not the manual Tacoma.

Ron Davis made one for Doublld, and his is an auto. Not sure it his new one has provisions for the transmission cooler though. You would have to ask him.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
So are you selling your T4R, or just getting rid of the "old" and starting fresh?

Top Bottom