Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Who Likes Rum? I Know I Do! Lookin For Some Help =)

xRunnerLance

Reaction score
So, To start.. I must say that I absolutely Love Rum!
I Just cant get enough =) In a good way tho. My only problem.. is location!

While here in Alberta, we have the largest selection in all of canada, I am looking to get my hands on a few others that sadly just arn't available here.
This is where I turn to you, my fellow X-runner enthusiasts for help. Im looking for people who are willing to ship a bottle to me up here =)
From my research, as long as its declared and I pay duty/taxes/ect..
Of course im willing to pay for the cost of shipping and such.

If your able to aquire any of the rums on the list, Shoot me a PM with details

Dancing Pines White Rum
Vizcaya Clear Rum
Dancing Pines Spiced Rum
Seven Tiki Spiced Rum*
Banks 5 Island*
Kilo Kai Spiced Rum*
Shellback Rum (spiced)
Agua Luca Cachaca
Seven Fathoms Cayman Islands Premium Rum*
Barrel House Distillery Oak Rum
Cedar Ridge Dark Rum
South Sea Rum
Rumbullion!
Mahiki Rum

* - Means ill take multiple bottles

In here, lets talk about rum! Have you had any of the above? Whats your thoughts?

Last edited:

xRunnerLance

Reaction score
I have, they refered me to www.liquorconnect.com.
It's the website for the liquor control board of Alberta. It lists every single bottle of liquor, wine, beer etc that is available in Alberta. Once I Found that out, I went on the hunt to other provinces, unfortunately we Canadians just arnt as lucky as other places in the world.
The only bottle on that list that is available here is Banks 5 island.. At a staggering 86$ per bottle vs. 28$ is the US. Only one store has stock (3 left) and it's no longer imported by the importer (already tried that aswell)

I've done my share of driving (in the X of course!) and done the research, but shy of moving south of the border.. Lol
Thus, my reach out to our American enthusiasts for help :)

hiflyer

Reaction score
aaah - gotcha

best I've had is Brugal Extra Vierjo

bought when in the DR 7 years ago.... saved one bottle

can only get in the DR apparently too, no comparison to the generic Brugal plonk

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
If there happens to be anything available in Toronto that I can ship ya let me know.

Interesting thread to say the least:top:

raziug

Reaction score
captains about as adventurous as my rum gets lol

xRunnerLance

Reaction score
flyer- I may have to look for that when im down in that area for my wedding in 2015 :p

tacoX - I may just have to take you up on that sometime if i ever hear of anything

raziug - I used to be the same.. I was raised on the captain ever since I could remember. An old journeyman of mine got me onto Sailor Jerrys, which is quite good. But from there I started to venture out into other brands. If you like spiced rum, I do have a few suggestions; VooDoo is suprisingly good (~30$), Captain Morgan Silver and Black (~30-35$) spiced are both delicious and smooth goin down. The Kraken is about par with C.M Black. One of my favorites so far is called The Lash. But, so far my favorite by far is Elements Eight Spiced rum. Its up there with my more expensive bottles, so I dont drink it too often for that fact... and ill be Damned if i share it with anyone!

Taken from the website: "The result is a harmonious balance of 10 St Lucian fruits and spices expertly married with fine aged rum."
It has a very floral smell to it, reminds me a lot of lilac . its just one of those that you'd have to go and try for yourself. I highly recommend it =)

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I assume with those rums you don't ruin it by mixing with anything?
I was in the Dominican Republic a couple years ago and they had some great rum. Can't remember any particular names, but it was in about every drink I had. I think even there water had a little rum thrown in LOL.

hiflyer

Reaction score
I assume with those rums you don't ruin it by mixing with anything?
I was in the Dominican Republic a couple years ago and they had some great rum. Can't remember any particular names, but it was in about every drink I had. I think even there water had a little rum thrown in LOL.

DR = brugal rum :)

X-roller

Reaction score
I can probably find all of those at this liquor store here. They have a walmart size store that is dedicated to just liquors and wines. I found a bottle there that noone else carried in the states. Its from argentina.

xRunnerLance

Reaction score
X-roller... I only wish I lived closer to there... I would be in a very very happy place!
As I find more.. Ill defiantly be updating this list haha. You May just be my rum hookup!

blackx-runner- i dont sully All of my rums with coke.. but my spiced rums i do.. Those ones are just ment for mixing lol

Top Bottom