Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Who wants david to race the focus again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCE EATR

Reaction score
I'm thinking David (2006nightrider) and i need to race again and VIDEOTAPE it.

I hadn't been on here in a while so I got back on to check things out and saw david posted something about the last time we raced. IMO we were about even, but thats just me. His new pulley DEFINITELY helped him a ton performance wise.

But I wanted to mention some reasons that my car didn't do as much better as I had hoped.. One is taller/heavier/less sticky tires. I went from 23.8" tires to 24.6" OD and also added weight, about 3 lbs to each tire. And the model tire I got is not nearly as sticky as the others I had :frown: But yeah.. Also I went back a few weeks after i had everything installed, and after racing david, and i got the car dyno'd, 241whp 226wtq on a dyno dynamic (was making 224whp and 219wtq before the clutch, flywheel, diff, boost controller, spark plugs), and they noticed the car was misfiring at peak torque (3000-4500 rpms) which was hard to feel, but it was hurting my performance. Apparently the spark plugs hadn't been gapped. Anyway, I gapped the plugs and got my car dyno'd recently at a dynojet close to my house and there is NO misfiring anymore.

I have the car in the shop right now getting a new transmission put in with 3.41 gears as opposed to the 3.82 that came in my car. It will hurt wtq some, but it also allows me to run my car faster per gear. 1st to 45mph, 2nd to 67mph, and 3rd to 100mph. Which means less shifting, and when im at speeds faster than the normal shift points in each gear, I'll actually accelerate quicker.

But anyway I think when I get my car back, David and I should have another go at it and we should BOTH videotape it this time. And have more even starts.. With the 3 beeps, I'm always beeping and i feel if i go exactly on the 3rd beep that im jumping, so i wait a little after i beep to go, but then david gets a jump because I beep evenly and he knows when the 3rd beep is coming. so next time, im going as soon as i beep the 3rd time! lol.

Anyway who else wants david to race me again? Maybe some other people live close and could help videotape from a different point of view? And help validate who the real winner is.. haha.

And what kind of race do you think we should do? From a digg, from a 25mph roll to 80, from a 70mph roll to 120, etc? Remember he is rwd and im fwd, but he is also a truck and im a car, so we both are gonna suck from a dead stop.

2006nightrider

Reaction score
After talking to Jeff (OP) on the phone just now, he agreed that street racing is not something that is smart nor legal...and XRU does not condone illegal street racing.

So....in other words, the X wins:rockon::laugh:

j/k Jeff, but you know the inside info, and you know why I have to shut this down:top:

Give me a shout with the updates on your car, and we'll figure something out.

Thread Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom