Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Why this is happening?

rich017

Reaction score
http://www.carclassifiedsbystate.com/13/toyota/tacoma/x-runner/index.html

i run into this website, why people are selling the x runners, including me:hmmmm2:

this is what the toyota headquarters should see....is it maybe because we are tired of dealing with our transmissions/clutch / throw-out bearing / clutch pedal ?
:fail:
I don't get the point. People are selling their trucks... Vehicles are meant to be bought, driven for a few years, then sold to get something else. These trucks have been out for 6 years.

Edgeman

Reaction score
I have no intention of selling my X anytime soon, so I guess I'm in the majority. If you don't like it, sell it & get something you do like. Hope you find a similar support community (like XRU) for your new ride.

Drive free!

Coupe

Reaction score
Obviously, people are getting tired of driving a cool truck.

Murderface

Reaction score
05's are special!

X2 and rated with more POWA!!

Obviously, people are getting tired of driving a cool truck.

I know I'm not tired of driving it, sometimes I just stare at it:biggrin: I'm thinking of taking mine to the next level in looks, it can only get better!

Last edited:

mrguy33391

Reaction score
I thought about selling mine for a little while but it was only because the monthly extra cash was getting really low. Now that the cash flow is better I just think about more power and handling. I also still have 4 years and 70k left on my powertrain warranty which makes that a plus. I'm a truck guy all the way and this bad boy has the ability to haul my gear and has the towing capacity for anything I plan on ever getting. Another big plus is that the truck handles better than most cars. I don't really know of any other trucks that can do these things and handle this well. I just can't wait until I have the funds for an s/c. :rock:

gregincali

Reaction score

ultraxr

Reaction score
There are just as many people out there we X's that don't have any issues. There's just so many factors that can/could lead to problems. First being modding, force induction, custom works, the driver, etc... Either you love it, hate it, or bored of it. Some people love to drive the hell out of their truck and push it to its limits and some just love to cruise and punch it from time to time. Personally, I just cruise in my vehicles these days. I mod it to my liking, suspension, wheels and other exterior things. For my speed and track fix, a motorcycle satisfies that.

It still all boils down to..... "TO EACH THEIR OWN".

GaX-Runner

Reaction score
X2 and rated with more POWA!!

I know I'm not tired of driving it, sometimes I just stare at it:biggrin: I'm thinking of taking mine to the next level in looks, it can only get better!

Same here I'm not selling mine anytime soon either! :blurock:

joeblaze78

Reaction score
I love my truck just cause a 700 dollor problem gets in the way. Doesnt mean im a quiter. No car is perfect i just impossible all cars have problems. I really matters how u drive and maintain yours.

STONER-X

Reaction score
thats not too many for sell.. it looks like a lot... but if you figure that there are 3500 made each year and lets say 5 years out (since 2011 is not done yet) that leaves 17500 truck made up to 2010... i would say even if a 1000 are being sold thats still not bad...

im on the boat of keeping mine since i want to be done with car payments... and i love the truck...

azburnin

Reaction score
There are just as many people out there we X's that don't have any issues. There's just so many factors that can/could lead to problems. First being modding, force induction, custom works, the driver, etc... Either you love it, hate it, or bored of it. Some people love to drive the hell out of their truck and push it to its limits and some just love to cruise and punch it from time to time. Personally, I just cruise in my vehicles these days. I mod it to my liking, suspension, wheels and other exterior things. For my speed and track fix, a motorcycle satisfies that.

It still all boils down to..... "TO EACH THEIR OWN".

Exactly- There is no guarantee all of those selling the vehicle have a perfect driving record with their vehicles or have the finances to pay for the vehicle.
If you feel like selling your truck, first look around to other options in vehicles that come even close in comparison to the X and are so universal. Then think about character and potential. Yeah the trans is a little weak, but guarantee there are short cuts on many other cars out there. that'd leave you with a whole bunch more heart ache.

Top Bottom