Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Wideband tuner question

stretch200

Reaction score
So on the URD website there's an air/fuel ratio meter for wideband tuning. Does that work with the MAF sensor calibrator for tuning?

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
what's an XD16?

horrible old pic but here you go

DSCN2546.JPG

stretch200

Reaction score
oh haha! cool. thanks guys! I'm learning more every day. :biggrin:

project-c2

Reaction score
MMMMMmmmmmm... Wideband. : DROOLS: Can't wait til I get one. Gotta wait til after the intake and calibrator go in. Nice setup.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
someone correct me if im wrong but you really don't need a wideband until you get blown right? does an intake and exhaust really make such a difference that you need to worry about running lean?

Or is the MAF calibrator that tuneable? (I dont know anything about the MAF calib).

Also if you were to plumb the O2 sensor into the Y pipe after the first set of cats is it really going to make a hell of a difference (maybe 1% off)?

Last edited:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
someone correct me if im wrong but you really don't need a wideband until you get blown right? does an intake and exhaust really make such a difference that you need to worry about running lean?

Or is the MAF calibrator that tuneable? (I dont know anything about the MAF calib).

Also if you were to plumb the O2 sensor into the Y pipe after the first set of cats is it really going to make a hell of a difference (maybe 1% off)?

1. Yes you will need a wide-band to tune with the MAF. Calibrator, what it does is adjust your A/F ratio so you need to know where your at when tuning. :top:

2. As far as the 02 sensor placement... this has been debated several times. If at all possible try get it in front of the cats. Some have them after them but no one really knows what difference if any it makes, that i know of.

Gadget

Reaction score
It is best to have the wideband sensor in front of all the cats.

The cats normal function is to consume O2 during its normal operation. When O2 is removed from the exhaust it will make the mixture appear richer then it really is.

How much does it affect the reading? There is no way to say for sure. It depends on the health of the cat, the volume of the exhaust flowing through it, the temp of the cat, and the fuel mixture.

Installation and packaging is always a great concern. Sometimes it just is not practical to install the sensor forward of all the cats. For a while I removed one of my rear sensors and screwed my wideband into that port. What I saw is that in low flow conditions like at idle the mix would report much richer then it was, but as the flow increased the reported mix was closer and closer to the true mixture.

So, there is what is best, and what works as far as installation.

Either way, you will be tons way better off having a good wideband unit installed ANYWHERE in the exhaust then not having one at all.

Gadget

DGXR

Reaction score
This is a Noob question but once the bung is welded to the stock exhaust, could it be removed and added to an aftermarket y pipe or will it have to be replaced?
Also how much should I be expected to dish out for welding the bung to the exhaust?

Matt's06

Reaction score
This is a Noob question but once the bung is welded to the stock exhaust, could it be removed and added to an aftermarket y pipe or will it have to be replaced?
Also how much should I be expected to dish out for welding the bung to the exhaust?

bungs only cost like a couple bucks, so your better off just buying a new one. If you take your exhast off and bring it to them I would pay around $20

Gadget

Reaction score
Once you weld the Y bung in to the exhaust it is there to stay.

You can remove the sensor and screw in a plug.

You can get a new bung and weld that where ever want?

Gadget

DGXR

Reaction score
How much would it be to weld the bung onto the exhaust?
$25?
$50?
$75?
Plan on installing the wideband, just don't want to get hozed.

Bobby B

Reaction score
So on the URD website there's an air/fuel ratio meter for wideband tuning. Does that work with the MAF sensor calibrator for tuning?

I have a brand new one for sale 200 shipped used once

DGXR

Reaction score
Ones I can afford :biggrin:
I293795.jpg

b681_1.jpg

blue-wideband-blk-blk-large.jpg

0701_turp_08zproject_scion_tcair_fu.jpg

Ones I can't afford :frown:
ZeitronixAFRguage4001.jpg

0540001009_lrg.jpg

6178_d.jpg