Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

windshield repair

808_xrunner

Reaction score
anyone ever had to replace there windshield?? if so how much did it cost you?? and where did you go? cuz i was driving this morning and a rock flew into my windshield and now it has a small nick and i dont want it to spread.
i remember one time while watching tv there was a commercial where they do something with epoxy and it stops the spreading and cover up the crack something like that. its like the paintless dent repair kinda thing but dealing with windshields any of you saw that??

chadfo

Reaction score
I've had a chip before and the place that did the repair charged me $35.

I had the windshield replaced 4 times in the Scion I had but in SC windshield replacement is covered by the insurance with no charge to the owner.

TRD-X

Reaction score
I've had a chip before and the place that did the repair charged me $35.

I had the windshield replaced 4 times in the Scion I had but in SC windshield replacement is covered by the insurance with no charge to the owner.
Yea but not all states have our laws. We have it good here! :top:

08XRunner808

Reaction score
anyone ever had to replace there windshield?? if so how much did it cost you?? and where did you go? cuz i was driving this morning and a rock flew into my windshield and now it has a small nick and i dont want it to spread.
i remember one time while watching tv there was a commercial where they do something with epoxy and it stops the spreading and cover up the crack something like that. its like the paintless dent repair kinda thing but dealing with windshields any of you saw that??

they sell the widow repair stuff at checkers

Black-X

Reaction score
The windshield repair you're talking about it silicone. It fills in the crack, and because the silicone is clear, it looks like the crack is gone. If you're the type of person that would get irritated knowing that it's there, take it to ace glass i think is the name. It's on Dillingham, across from the prison. They get glass straight from the dealer, but I think without the high cost.

kelson

Reaction score
The windshield repair you're talking about it silicone. It fills in the crack, and because the silicone is clear, it looks like the crack is gone. If you're the type of person that would get irritated knowing that it's there, take it to ace glass i think is the name. It's on Dillingham, across from the prison. They get glass straight from the dealer, but I think without the high cost.

sht...i read this post this other night...and then i was on the freeway...on the cruise and a freakin honda blew up and something shot up in the air and hit my windshield :thumpdown: so i have a tiny crack now...

but anyway
bout ace

went through them when some moron that owns CITY LIMOUSINE cracked my windshield...got insurance to pay for it but it took them 3 weeks...and what i remember my insurance had to pay something like $900 lol...so yeah...i wouldn't go through them...this was the one in town by the BMW dealership... so idk bout the others

Wayne R

Reaction score

Look here:

www.safelite.com

itawes

Reaction score
If you end up replacing your whole windshield, go to Ace across from the Oahu prison. They did a good job with the windshield matching the original (shading by the rear view mirror). Cost was around $330.

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
shook used charlie puka pau. He's apparently mobil and fixes it really good! Look him up!

808_xrunner

Reaction score
i got my windshield done by ron with some kind of filling sunday from this guy that owns ram inspections hes been doing it for 10 year and from when hes started to now he only had 1 that he had to give money back came out 45 bucks and thats better then paying what 550 for a whole new windshield

MikeG

Reaction score
look up ashton on craigslist, i think he charges like $250-$300 and he comes to you and replaces it in like an hour

Top Bottom