Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

winter sucks

donovanbedwell

Reaction score
this winter has literally destroyed my truck! from sliding off roads on ice, to hitting a deer in the same day. i have $5600 dollars worth of damage! i officially hate winter lol

CBRBob

Reaction score
Winter destroyed your truck like guns kill people LOL

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like you need some Blizzaks or Hakkapeliitta's. Sucks to hear bud. Good luck with the repairs. Seriously though if you're not running a really good snow tire, PARK IT.

Miami_X

Reaction score
I Love winter. It's 80 degrees down here today. :laugh:

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
My son spent Xmas and New Year in Key West diving with his friends. I told my wife this is the last winter in Canuck country for me. I just can't stand it anymore. Next Xmas we are decorating a palm tree.

GR6RR

Reaction score
Florida has it better than SoCaL. We're a little chilly. not bad though compared to most of the country. 80 sounds nice though! That's why the ND/Alabama game gon be nice too.

RRCanuck

Reaction score
Jebus buddy, thats pretty rough. Maybe park her next winter? :dontknow:

justin13703

Reaction score
Sounds like you need some Blizzaks or Hakkapeliitta's. Sucks to hear bud. Good luck with the repairs. Seriously though if you're not running a really good snow tire, PARK IT.

What he said. These things are terrible in the snow. Either buy a nice ass set of winter tires, or do what I did and buy a 4wd beater for LESS than the winter tires, because winter tires don't protect you from idiots that can't drive. If you don't do one of the two, you're gonna keep watching the repair bill go up higher and higher.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Driving in the winter on the stock potenzas is straight up retarded!!!

Get some winter rubber or a beater bro! The truck actually handles really well in snow with tires and a bit of weight in the bed but like Justin said still won't protect you against other assholes....

TommyXrunner

Reaction score

a set of either of those tires will make all the difference! i'm currently running the hakkapelita R's and i crawl up steep snowy/icy driveways or un-plowed roads with ease while other guys have to chain up

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I've run the blizzaks in the past and loved them, but I'm on the Hakkapeliitta Rs now and like them as much or more. That plus the weight of my summer rims and tires under the tonneau, truck might as well be 4WD.

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
I run 4 Toyo winter tires. Would never go out with out snow tires

749racing.com

Reaction score
Twice Ive been stuck throwing chains on my XR. Once across a mt pass and once when it dumped snow at sea level. Both times it saved my butt. Oct on I throw a set of chains in the back.

Click

Reaction score
I used to hate driving in the winter with idiots on the road. I kept my old 91 when I bought the X. I have studded tires for it if I have to drive with snow or ice on the road, but most of the time I don't have to drive. Walk to work or let the wife drive her AWD. I really enjoy the little bit of snow we get now. Get to play in it and not worry about getting to work.

donovanbedwell

Reaction score
yeah there is like no control on snow with my truck lol... i literally was sliding off roads directly sideways with very light acceleration. the snow has stopped so i have it on the roads again. hasn't snowed in like a week.

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
yeah there is like no control on snow with my truck lol... i literally was sliding off roads directly sideways with very light acceleration. the snow has stopped so i have it on the roads again. hasn't snowed in like a week.

So do you have snow tires? If not your crazy for driving it in the snow at all and its no wonder you've trashed it so far.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
So do you have snow tires? If not your crazy for driving it in the snow at all and its no wonder you've trashed it so far.

Unfortunately he's right. The tires that come stock on the truck are not all-season tires. They are classified as a summer performance tire. :rolleyez:

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
Ya I didn't mean to sound like a dick. (After I re read it sounds that way lol) I tried my truck once with the stock tires and needless to say I made it ten feet from my house and was sideways and stuck on my street. Just don't wanna see someone wreck and hurt themselves or others. GET SOME SNOW TIRES!! Lol

NODRULN

Reaction score
i have some hancook winter ipikes all studded with some special 18" winter wheels. works great here in ND

Top Bottom