Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Wiring : Quick Splice or Solder?

Wiring : Quick Splice or Solder?

• Quick Splice FTL

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Solder

Votes: 45 84.9%

• Total voters

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Ive quickspliced, but everything Ive added in my truck, also comes out when I sell it, and can be easily disconnected....:dontknow: radio stuff, I would have soldered :top:

KETCHUP

Reaction score
I'm kinda partial on this one Klint. I don't see a problem in splicing if you know what your doing. I see bad wiring all the time. I use butt splices or the in line connectors. Also use tape. I have never heat wrapped my wires though. I mean, if you want to clean things up, I would eliminate splices as much as possible. My X is a wiring mess, but I can guarantee everything works and nothing is in danger of catching on fire.....
Guess it just depends on how much effort you want to put in it.

XDsm

Reaction score
I solder whenever I can. It's a much more solid connection that you don't have to worry about coming apart or failing. In some cases you may not be able to solder, like tapping the speed sensor wire when installing a navi, which is when I'd splice. Plus a solder job looks much cleaner since you don't have all those butt connections everywhere. The worst is when doing car headunit installs and the person has had multiple headunits. Looks like a rats nest in there:ahhhhh: I always buy a wiring harness to plug into the stock connection then solder the radio harness to the wiring harness that plugs into the stock connection. That way an aftermarket radio is removable without damaging the factory wiring.

HiTek21

Reaction score
on my stuff, solder... on other peoples, quick splices.

Top Bottom