Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Would I run rich?

Generation-X

Reaction score
So I find here lately the truck is running pretty rich...

Had the MK2 setup, demodded away from the charger, kept the X-1, recently demodded and got rid of the X-1.

Still have the upgraded fuel injectors that came with the X1 setup. Would having a semi-stock (header back exhaust and intake) cause the system to run rich or should I look elsewhere for concerns? Checked for vac. leaks and found none, recently replaced pass rear o2 sensor.

Super Werty

Reaction score
So you are running the 668 injectors with no x-1 or tuning at all? theres your problem

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
668 cc injectors on stock ecu that is tuned for 330 ish cc injectors. Problem is right there like the others said.

Generation-X

Reaction score
Ya I kinda figured as much but I was hopeful atleast. Well time to help out a fellow runner

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I am surprised you didn't throw any CELs. I would have guessed you would be running super rich to the point the ECU couldn't compensate even in closed loop.

Edgeman

Reaction score
I am surprised you didn't throw any CELs. I would have guessed you would be running super rich to the point the ECU couldn't compensate even in closed loop.

I wonder what his LT & ST fuel trims look like...got to be way out of whack (into the negative territory, since the PCM will be trying to cut back the fuel).

Super Werty

Reaction score
Yea very surprised its running. Stock injectors are 295cc:laugh:

How long have you run it like this?

rexrunner

Reaction score
i can send u stockers for 20 bucks plus shipping if you want. all 6 with the wiring pigtails cut off my harness lol

Generation-X

Reaction score
Bout a week....only put about 20miles tops on it LOL...I kinda figured as much when I put it back together but figured a 2nd opinion couldnt hurt....

-Rex-
Working stockers? No issues with em right? Might be interested since itll get me going sooner for long trips. Dont mind driving the wifes TC now that its slammed and looking good but she has a bright zebra w/pink steering cover that gets everyone staring lol

rexrunner

Reaction score
Bout a week....only put about 20miles tops on it LOL...I kinda figured as much when I put it back together but figured a 2nd opinion couldnt hurt....

-Rex-
Working stockers? No issues with em right? Might be interested since itll get me going sooner for long trips. Dont mind driving the wifes TC now that its slammed and looking good but she has a bright zebra w/pink steering cover that gets everyone staring lol

yes they work, I replaced them with bosch green tops at 20k, 19k something like that. my truck has 39-41k ( cant tell anymore) .

but yes they work. I will get pics for u. there no good to me

Top Bottom