Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Would rebuilding, port and polishing my supercharger....

Jaegermeister

The "Tony Hawk" Guy
Reaction score
Would rebuilding, port and polishing my supercharger help me to sell it? I have been trying to sell it for 4 months now and i had about 3 offers fall through. I was wondering if i rebuild it since it has 40,000 miles on it that it might spike some more interest, and maybe then i would sell it for more... what do you guys think?

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Don't think it would be worth it. The money spent to rebuild it wouldn't get you much more out of it.
I think you're better off lowering the price a little bit and waiting for the right buyer. Also list it on multiple sites and maybe consider ebay and craigslist. Bump the for sale threads every couple weeks so it doesn't get too buried in the forums and people know its still available. Be flexible with buyers. Consider taking payments, once paid off or a certain percentage is paid for start shipping items. I sat on my MKI for well over a year before I sold it.

sohc4now

Reaction score
My thought for the lack of bites is people reading supercharger main unit only. Sure we know that a fit kit is all it needs to be running, but i'm sure they are thinking that they are gonna have to piece it together.

SooRunner

Reaction score
I agree with blackx, I'm not sure how much you are trying to sell it for but if the price is a couple hundred bucks from new, I would just go buy a new one...Seling is a timing thing with some luck! Offer a payment plan? That's what Coupe did for me...I bought his oil pan and made payments over time...I just finished paying for it and its in the mail.

Jaegermeister

The "Tony Hawk" Guy
Reaction score
Yeah thats true, just not a big fan of payments. And i thought it would sell quick because the unit isnt vehicle specific and the fit kit is. And im asked 1000 lower than new i think its pretty fair and it already has the 2.85 pulley. How much is the port and polishing now days??

holddeez08RR

Reaction score
Like SOHC said, I definitely think it would be more enticing if a fit kit was included. If you were going to spend any money in trying to sell it, that would probably be the best way to get bites on it.

Jaegermeister

The "Tony Hawk" Guy
Reaction score
Like SOHC said, I definitely think it would be more enticing if a fit kit was included. If you were going to spend any money in trying to sell it, that would probably be the best way to get bites on it.

But if someone with a fj or an 4runner wants it then me buying the kit does no good. If its "like new" then i thought it would be more appealing

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't think it will help, a new kit it 4g's now a days with fit kit, some sell it for less....

I would just lower your price and adverise all over the place, not many fj's here.....

Best of luck with your sale bro, I picked up a used blower myself and unless ALL the parts are there it can be a real headache

Jaegermeister

The "Tony Hawk" Guy
Reaction score
Don't think it will help, a new kit it 4g's now a days with fit kit, some sell it for less....

I would just lower your price and adverise all over the place, not many fj's here.....

Best of luck with your sale bro, I picked up a used blower myself and unless ALL the parts are there it can be a real headache

What parts were you missing?

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score

He isnt lying, I had to do some rigging to get mine up and running. Uncomplete kits can be a paint in the ass.

Jaegermeister

The "Tony Hawk" Guy
Reaction score
He isnt lying, I had to do some rigging to get mine up and running. Uncomplete kits can be a paint in the ass.

I guess I am not understanding. Thats why you buy the fit kit and everything comes in the kit. What was missing off the supercharger?

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
IMHO - I wouldn't bother rebuilding your S/C. Just lower the price or wait until you get the right buyer. I would rather buy a S/C with more miles on it cheaper and rebuild it the way I want and to have the peace of mind that it has been restored correctly and with the right modifications.

Good luck with sale anyways OP!

Jaegermeister

The "Tony Hawk" Guy
Reaction score
IMHO - I wouldn't bother rebuilding your S/C. Just lower the price or wait until you get the right buyer. I would rather buy a S/C with more miles on it cheaper and rebuild it the way I want and to have the peace of mind that it has been restored correctly and with the right modifications.

Good luck with sale anyways OP!

Thanks a good point. I guess i wont spend the money and be patient or take a low offer....

Top Bottom