Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Wrapped my shift console

S7ICKlVlAN

Reaction score
Meh, came out ok....:dontknow:

Cutting out the shift gate (chrome liner) was not as tough as I thought it would be, but shaping the wrap around the contours of the piece proved to be a challenge. I really put some heat/work into the area just under the shift knob where it meets the lower portion of the center console. This is still the first roll of 3M Di-Noc that I've used, so I would consider myself a noob. Love the look, maybe I'll re-visit and wrap it again.

dramad1

Reaction score
Looking good. Did you use some primer? I recommend it. I have wrapped a few items a few times due to the heat build up in the ride from the sun. Mainly around the edges and funky bends and crevices. Also before trimming off the excess , if you can pull the wrap around the back of the item and tuck it under about a half inch it will allow you to restretch it if a edge comes up. I have had an edge or two peel up and because I trimmed it flush had trouble stretching it back around item. Just a few things I learned about wrapping. Here is a pic of my latest wraps.

Attachments

• image-1927848063.jpg
    image-1927848063.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 123

S7ICKlVlAN

Reaction score
Looking good. Did you use some primer? I recommend it. I have wrapped a few items a few times due to the heat build up in the ride from the sun. Mainly around the edges and funky bends and crevices. Also before trimming off the excess , if you can pull the wrap around the back of the item and tuck it under about a half inch it will allow you to restretch it if a edge comes up. I have had an edge or two peel up and because I trimmed it flush had trouble stretching it back around item. Just a few things I learned about wrapping. Here is a pic of my latest wraps.

Great insights. I did not use the primer...was all out. I did prep the hell outta it though. I also left about .5" extra wrapped around the back side of the piece, so hopefully it holds. You work looks killer bro. Wish you were in Hawaii. I'd be buggin you to wrap my whole interior! LOL

looks legit man! nice work

Thanks brutha!

Xrunnerbjt

Reaction score
looks good bro. I love it. Im heading to get some of this tommorow.

S7ICKlVlAN

Reaction score

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
NICE! good job stick man , looks clean! whered u order the CB wrap from?

S7ICKlVlAN

Reaction score
Thanks bradda Shaun. I want to....dunno how to get them off just yet. I already gotta replace one of the pieces on my steering wheel after getting too ambitious today....Grrr

COMAtose HI

Reaction score
rajah!!! i was driving home tonight looking at my dash and was trying to think of parts you haven't wrapped yet lol.

S7ICKlVlAN

Reaction score
Bradda, by the time you're back in the 808, Imma be pro at this. We go do yours!

COMAtose HI

Reaction score
k but i going do the exterior instead haha. i think doing the mirrors would look pretty cherry since i get the MGM color already.

S7ICKlVlAN

Reaction score
^^^ Hell yeah that would be pretty sick bro. Should be pretty easy too.

S7ICKlVlAN

Reaction score
redark & Workman - Thanks guys. This particular piece was hard (for me) but it's a fun project. Go for it.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Looks really good to me. :top:
Love all the wrapping projects floating around. Makes me want to get some for my truck and try my hand at it.

Moneyblind

Reaction score
Hey s7ick. nice work man, looking legit, I am going to be doing some wrapping with the leftovers of my exterior CF work; We shall see how mine come out lol

Top Bottom