Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Wrecked the X, Haten life Without it

SpeedFreak99

Reaction score
Speed freak back in the house. Just wanted to give a shout out to all who wonder where I have been, I wrecked my truck on 10/9/08 and still don't have it back. I refused to get on the site cuz I knew it would just depress me. I got ran off the wet interstate by a BMW that decided the two lanes he was taking up wasn't enough. Hate that I've been gone for so long, hope all is well and nobody has the misfortune I have had in the last month. Much love, holla at u boy!:top:

WrecKaGeJPX

Reaction score
damn man that really sucks. i went on a road trip and couldnt drive mine for a whole week and it was killin me. hope all goes well bro. hope you get it back soon

BSNA-Dark-Angel

I'm a girl!!!
Reaction score
im sorry to hear that...:bawling: I hope u can get it back... or maybe u can get a 09

SpeedFreak99

Reaction score
no picks trashed my phone in the process, pretty much tore all ground effects off and screwed the suspension bad, think total repairs are right around $9750 you would think that would be enough to total it, but apparently not. X is tough no doubt about that, cop said i slid a total of 637 feet hitting everything from culverts to drains, got some pretty good hangtime to. All in all much rather have the truck back. Thanks all

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
no frame damage? ... I thought frame damage was automatic total loss :hmmmm2:

SpeedFreak99

Reaction score
did have frame damage ins forced to have the frame straightened, help me out if im getti ol rose laid to me?

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
I don't know if that's a "rule" per say... but every incident I've ever seen involving frame damage has been a total. The way I think of it is that once metal gets bent, it's near impossible to get it back perfectly straight again to how it was, meaning there's a possibility your truck won't drive the same. Also, think about your resale value. I don't know if Carfax specifies frame damage or not, but if I saw any indication of that I'd run like hell before buying a used vehicle.

That's something I think may be worth fighting for.

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
im glad to hear your safe my man...and as for your truck...my colorado got its frame bent and and costed 19k to fix...they still ended up fixing it (thats a whole diffrent story althogether)...i hope everything works out for you

rich017

Reaction score
I don't know if that's a "rule" per say... but every incident I've ever seen involving frame damage has been a total. The way I think of it is that once metal gets bent, it's near impossible to get it back perfectly straight again to how it was, meaning there's a possibility your truck won't drive the same. Also, think about your resale value. I don't know if Carfax specifies frame damage or not, but if I saw any indication of that I'd run like hell before buying a used vehicle.

skilledbum's truck had frame damage and they repaired it. Still driving his truck

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
damn Tyler that sucks bad, i was wondering why you hadn't been on here but i can now say i know how you feel being without your X. they got 3 '08 x's on the lot here in Columbia (2 RR, 1 SWB) if you get to looking for another one. if you need anything just holler at me 731-616-5794

KETCHUP

Reaction score

not these days with the invention of frame straighting machines......

Sorry to hear about your loss bro. Hope you get it back like new.....:top:

Coupe

Reaction score

You can straighten a frame. You can repair just about anything. The magic for a total is the cost of the repairs exceed the blue book value or in the case of specialty cars the stated value. Many times, any insurance company will total the car, if the amount gets close to the blue book value. They are also factoring in salvage value of the vehicle, rent car fees, etc.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Damn that sucks bro... hurry and get that thing back and get your ass up here sometime.

BSP curse strikes once again :dontknow:

daveczrn

Reaction score

i was at my buddies repair shop a few years ago and they were in the process of installing a new frame underneath a expidition that got t-boned. He said the repair bill was up at something stupid like $32,000 or something...

It really depends on the shop as to if the truck is going to be fixed or not.. If the truck is in bad enough shape to be totaled but the shop wants the job what they will do is put in a initial estimate to the insurance company, then once there has been a good deal of money spent on the vehicle they will put in for more as "we realized more needed to be done"... vehicle will be repaired at well over the total loss price.

lucke

Reaction score
in CA, frame damage means total loss, and if you buy it back from ins and fix the frame, its a salvaged title which cuts the price in half if not more.

good luck with everything, although i'd ask for a total loss if i were you.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
sorry to hear about your misfortune bro. glad to hear your ok. you can always replace and repair the XR but you can never replace a lost life. keep us updated on the repairs bro and good luck

i don't like and i hate inattentive drivers and *ssh*l*s who think they are drivers. it always erks me when some one cuts me off and just make me want to jump out of the truck and beat em to the pavement.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
at least you are still alive, things could always be worse, at least the truck is getting fixed, ive been through it and you will make it, its tuff, just dotn look at pictures of your own truck

Top Bottom