Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Write-Up: Clock Color Change

LOW AND BLOWN

Reaction score
Not sure if this was posted, well I now it was but it was kinda shakey,So I Changed the clock from amber to just clear.All I used was finger nail polish remover, a cotton swap and some tape to mask off the square area.Removal was easy especially if you know how to remove the radio,just remove the clock assymbly,then use a small flat head to pry up the lens (Be patient here!) then use the above things.And the paint was for just in case I removed to much:top:Which did not happen

Attachments

• P1020733.JPG
    P1020733.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 303
  • P1020735.JPG
    P1020735.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 258
  • P1020737.JPG
    P1020737.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 264

morcheez

Reaction score
yeah this would have been helpful about a month ago :frown:...good job though...everyone should do this

InkedRunner

Reaction score
Is their a write up on the radio color too? The clock and radio look bangin.

XR2000

Reaction score
Not sure if this was posted, well I now it was but it was kinda shakey,So I Changed the clock from amber to just clear.All I used was finger nail polish remover, a cotton swap and some tape to mask off the square area.Removal was easy especially if you know how to remove the radio,just remove the clock assymbly,then use a small flat head to pry up the lens (Be patient here!) then use the above things.And the paint was for just in case I removed to much:top:Which did not happen

How did you get the two A/C buttons blue!? Is there a write up?
And how do i change the rest of the A/C lights to blue?

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
After I removed the orange color on mine I found some transparent blue spray paint (hobby paint) and sprayed the back side of the lens to give it more of a bluish color. you have to be careful when removing the orange color on the clock lens, stay away from the black out line it will also come off, you basically do the same to the A/C and recirculate buttons (remove the orange film and solder in what color LEDs you want. Here's a pic of my clock and radio with blue LEDs and reversed radio display screen.

Attachments

• MVC-010F.JPG
    MVC-010F.JPG
    5.6 KB · Views: 252

XR2000

Reaction score
Cool thanks for the tips i will try this soon.

KETCHUP

Reaction score
I want to do my clock, but don't want to mess with it. Someone hook me up!
looks good BTW

Top Bottom