Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Write-Up: Fog Light Mod (always on)

mRESPECTe

Reaction score
just hooked mine up. works great! thanx for this thread!!

mRESPECTe

vinx-runner

Reaction score
this thread is very helpful.... It took me almost an hour, but I freaked out lil bit when I tested it my headlight stays on with turning the switch on LOL!! I grab the wrong side of the Red/black wire :laugh:. works great!!

Kailua-X-Runner

Reaction score
I did Option #3... its SOLID !!!
IMO... i think its the easiest and cleanest look...
I just keep making it a daily habit to remember to turn off the fog light when i get out of the X.

5000XD

Reaction score
After so many years I still haven't done this! :motz:

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
should be interesting to do, gonna help a friend do the FLM to his 05 tacoma this weekend

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
just did option #2, was hella easy and fast to do. plus I like how the key has to be turned for it to turn on so you don't have to worry about draining your battery.

mrguy33391

Reaction score
I did option #1 a little while ago and really like the clean non noticeable work done. The only bad thing is that even my stock foglights make me forget to turn on my headlights on occasion.

FNMFER

Reaction score
is there a way to hook the fogs to a toggle switch? so i can run it day or night with or with out the headlights on....?

2006nightrider

Reaction score
is there a way to hook the fogs to a toggle switch? so i can run it day or night with or with out the headlights on....?
That's what this thread is about, read the first post...I recommend doing option #2:top:

Also, do you have an XR?...because you will use the factory fog light button

Phoenix

"Snow Ninja"
Reaction score
anyone else notice K2 wrote spriring in step 11? :)

FNMFER

Reaction score
That's what this thread is about, read the first post...I recommend doing option #2:top:

Also, do you have an XR?...because you will use the factory fog light button

yeah, just picked up a barcelona red 2010 in april, so far no real mods just yelow hids for the fogs and craven speed bullet stubby....

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
im glad i saw this thread. ive had my xr for a week and found out my fogs work any time and didnt matter if the key was on or not. da previous owner had option 2 done. i had to take it off. i love da mod but i have a terrible memory and dont wanna drain my battery...its better than leavin post-it-notes to turn my fogs off........lol thanx fellas

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
yeah, just picked up a barcelona red 2010 in april, so far no real mods just yelow hids for the fogs and craven speed bullet stubby....

congrats on the new BR X. just look at the first page. I also would recommend option #2. It's really fast and easy to do. you can pick up the wire and wire tap at radio shack.

Chasbo

Reaction score
im glad i saw this thread. ive had my xr for a week and found out my fogs work any time and didnt matter if the key was on or not. da previous owner had option 2 done. i had to take it off. i love da mod but i have a terrible memory and dont wanna drain my battery...its better than leavin post-it-notes to turn my fogs off........lol thanx fellas

My fogs turn off as soon as I shut down the truck. I leave the FL button pushed in almost all the time and have never had any probs. Are you sure yours stayed on?

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
My fogs turn off as soon as I shut down the truck. I leave the FL button pushed in almost all the time and have never had any probs. Are you sure yours stayed on?
yeah when i first got the truck i found out that i can turn the fogs on and off anytime with or without da key. but then i read this thread and got curious.....so i looked at da fuse box and seen that the previous owner already had option 2 done wit da bent prong on da fog relay. i jus straightened da prong and put it back in now i keep da fog button on all da time and they only come on when the key and headlights r on.

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
yeah when i first got the truck i found out that i can turn the fogs on and off anytime with or without da key. but then i read this thread and got curious.....so i looked at da fuse box and seen that the previous owner already had option 2 done wit da bent prong on da fog relay. i jus straightened da prong and put it back in now i keep da fog button on all da time and they only come on when the key and headlights r on.

hmm, that can't be right... :hmmmm2: if the previous owner did option 2, you would need your key to be in and turned for your fogs to go on. I have option 2 on my X.

the previous owner must've tapped it to the battery.

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
I wired my from the relay out to the wire to the corner light as a signle. My fogs turn on with the parking light and also don't turn off when the brights are on like stock.

Top Bottom