Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Write-Up: Rattling Window Fix

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Here is a quick write-up that REG CAB X directed us to in another thread. I thought it deserved a spot in our how-to section. :top:

Author: cam2Xrunner

Source: toyotanation

To fix it, it is really easy and effective.

First get some 3M Double Sided foam tape.

Now roll your window down and take off the triangle sail panel cover. Be sure to take off the white clips afterwards because if you try to put the sail panel cover back on with the clips still in the door, they will fall into the door.

Now once you have the sail panel cover off, on the other side where the rubber weatherstripping is, push that out some and place a layer or two of double sided tape on the back part of the sail panel between the rubber and the back of the sail panel.

By doing this you are pushing out that rubber weatherstripping a little bit, and it will put more pressure against the window.

Here is a pic showing where the tape needs to be put

2069203_92_full.jpg

Once you put the sail panel cover back on you can't even notice you did modifications.

No more rattles. :top:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 267

Xraided

Reaction score
is this where that sound comes from where yer flying at 120+mph

wshsbears

Reaction score
i hope this fixes the noise when ur window is half way down and u shut the door and it sounds like its shattering..

great quick and easy write up!

T-stark

Reaction score
about time! lol that noise has been pissin me off lol

Hi_On_X

Reaction score
I need to do this also, notice mines started to rattle........ Thanks steven.:top:

Tunedx

Reaction score
I doubled up on 3m tape and what a difference. Great 10min mod.

blkdogg

Reaction score
Hey Steven! Thanks for the awesome writeup!!! It worked like a charm! And best of all it took like 10 min! That rattle was driving me nuts man! Was ready to take it to the dealer. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!:adore:

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Do you guys get the rattle just when the music is on pretty loud? I just have the stock speakers in currently and am switching them out pretty soon but the rattling is driving me crazy. Is it just the sail panel? My door panel seems like it isn't on completely on right. I'll probably take it in on warranty. Did you guys buy the 3m stuff from a regular parts store?
Thanks

jbjones85

Reaction score
I wish I would of found this before I sold mine. That drove me nuts.

uglyryder

Reaction score
Will this mod fix the rattle that I hear when I hit a bump? I thought it was the door but after finding this write up I'm thinking it's the window...thanks

elynor_v

Reaction score
Thanks for the write-up! I might just use the double sided that all the way around my doors, too.

bombs

"Affliction Guy"
Reaction score
Great write up and easy to do! Thanks for sharing!

Top Bottom