Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Wrx - 2 / xr - 0

xmoney jr

Reaction score
k2 doesnt have to loose weight guys ill race it :)
i weigh 126 :) hahhahahahaha

Murderface

Reaction score
^ I was wondering that John. I've been meaning to get a(nother) URD pulley for a while. That doesn't require any additional upgrades does it?

The X-1 will have to wait. Next big purchases are on the exterior. I used to love looking at my truck every day. Now, every time I look at it all I see is faded paint and it pisses me off.

Well like i mentioned, i had the X-1 before i added the 2.8 and data logs showed my primaries were maxxed out at 95% but my AFR's were still good. It was only a matter of time before my stock fuel pump sock would get clogged enough to cause fuel problems. I got new primaries and that fixed it however i still need the fuel pump to stop it from happening in the future. I then got the 7th before summer came to
Help cool the charge, now i just need to install the URD fuel pump and ill be running E85. By XFE ill have done a lot of needed work(fuel pump, TSK45,exhaust leaks,header paint or wrap,rear fender supports to stop the fenders from cracking more,pull my headliner and fix the dent in my roof). Got a few things that need to be addressed while i take a month leave of absence from work.

But yes u will need upgrades to work if not to be safe. Some have had their primaries maxxed out and cant get enough fuel with the 2.8, i got lucky but did the upgrades for future mods.

5000XD

Reaction score
Dont forget the fuel pump upgrade and a 7th injector! I know my primaries were maxxed out with the 2.85 URD pulley but still had good AFR's, that is until the stock pick up sock gets too clogged which i think its starting to do now.

Yeah, indeed. It's always good to be safe. 7th injector, fuel pump upgrade and 668 injectors that delivers fuel to my 2.7 setup.

Baggins44

Reaction score
AWD man, it just send that power to all fours evenly.

ntinhri

Reaction score
So some friend's and I went down to VIR this weekend to do some kart racing. On the way back me and buddy wanted to run to pit his 2010 WRX (w/down pipe, exhaust, tune --- and 3 passengers) against the XR (with no passengers mind you).

He walked me.... twice. First run I COULD NOT get into 3rd gear. You guys know the drill... it simply would NOT go until the revs dropped to about 3.5k. 40mph roll to 100mph he probably pulled 4 car lengths on me. It was truly shameful. Afterward at lunch I was doing the math and even with his 3 passengers, I think my truck was still 3-400 pounds heavier. He started in 1st gear !!! I started in mid-2nd gear. So gearing was clearly an issue. But honestly, we were both surprised the truck did so poorly.

May be time to upgrade the to X1 and a smaller pulley. :hmmmm2: Or perhaps a better driver.... :laugh:

Thanks for the invite bitc........... Anyway I got x for his ars.... If he only pulled you 4 cars I should spank him! Next time you got to VIR I expect a invite.:top:

BTW you can ride with me, SHITTY trans and all, I can still shift it. Ask gadget, I have power shifted from 1st to 4th..... no lift just shift.

oh and you can ride with me ;-)

Last edited:

wisenthefools

"Ricky Bobby"
Reaction score
Shoulda raced em' from a dig bro. sure he'd have the advantage with AWD drive but lets assume he'd wax you no matter what. Might as well get waxed where your ride perfoms best. In my experiences, we do best from a dead stop. Plus you gotta factor in the supercharger vs turbo battle, where you'll have instant power while he's spoolin er' up.

Top Bottom