Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WTB Headunit, Garmin, Radar Detector!

Moneyblind

Reaction score
Alright peeps, driving from new orleans I was thinking to myself "Why the hell dont I have these two items already....." I drive alot, not on a normal basis, but enough to avoid the police and avoid my terrible sense of direction.

So here I go, I am looking to purchase a new headunit, looking for double din, DVD, other features are a plus. Wouldnt mind having it Iphone/Pandora compatible.

Garmin....nuff said.

Radar Detector, 360 degrees, notable brands, trustworthy internet reviews. I am new when it comes to these things, so treat me well friends.

Let me know, Looking to pick em up over the course of a couple of months, unless the deals are just too good.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
If you don't mind spending the money then get a V1 radar detector. It's pricey but alot of people on here have one and love it. Hell I want one lol

Moneyblind

Reaction score
If you don't mind spending the money then get a V1 radar detector. It's pricey but alot of people on here have one and love it. Hell I want one lol

I am actually looking at the 9500ix, gotta do some reaseach on the V1 now! ;)

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
The V1 plus the blend mount is the best hands down.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
I have a beltronics sti magnum with a blend mount. It has been very good to me, however I cannot compare it to a V1.

rich017

Reaction score
I am actually looking at the 9500ix, gotta do some reaseach on the V1 now! ;)

Same thing as the 8500xi but with GPS which in my opinion will eventually **** you over.

The V1 is best hands down. I have had my 8500xi for 3 years now and love it. Saved me many times and bought it off CL for $100

adamewwy

Reaction score
Get a V1 for sure. Radar detectors are one of those items where you get what you pay for.

also on the GPS you might want to consider getting a DD unit with a built in gps. They are more expensive but keep your dash not so cluttered and are way more badass.

Last edited:

nick_gz1

Reaction score
Get a V1 for sure. Radar detectors are one of those items where you get what you pay for.

also on the GPS you might want to consider getting a DD unit with a built in gps. They are more expensive but keep your dash not so cluttered and are way more badass.

I agree on the built in gps, definitely be more bad ass:crinklehair:

JFrame

Reaction score
I'm a V1 fan as well. After you get out of like 2 tickets because of it it's paid for itself.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
For a headunit go for the pioneer avhp4400DVD if you want to add on the built in module for gps you can. I however opted out of it and for te money bought a garmin, I wanted to be a le to play movies while I drive and still have the gps on....

Snakerb

Reaction score
I got a Pioneer Avic-X930bt. I've driven all over with it (GA to NY) no problem. Looks clean being a double din, plus it works great with my iPod/iPod touch, Iphone, Blackberry and anything bluetooth capable.

How much are you looking to spend though? I've heard nothing bad about the V1. I plan on getting it myself.

Moneyblind

Reaction score
Well, I just acquired a Free Tom Tom :) :) w00t Gotta love the family.

triumphx

Reaction score
V1 or passport, i keep the v1 in the xr and passport on my bike

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
I think the esscort redline is way better than the v1...jus my 2 cents

Coupe

Reaction score
One nice feature of the V1, is future advancements. They have a nice trade-in program. I bought one in the 90's. About 2 years ago, they took the old one in as a core and send me a new model. I had to pay for the upgrade, but it was much less than a new one.

Moneyblind

Reaction score
One nice feature of the V1, is future advancements. They have a nice trade-in program. I bought one in the 90's. About 2 years ago, they took the old one in as a core and send me a new model. I had to pay for the upgrade, but it was much less than a new one.

I did not know this! Nice thing to consider!

BluDemon

Reaction score

The V1 is the "ish" well worth the money especially now that you can have the display either hidden low in your truck or placed within your rearview mirror.

As far as for your head unit... look at the sony 7" DVD, I have that one and it has BT for your phone, as well as USB input, or get the cable to directly hook up your ipod/iphone.

:blurock:

Another nice feature of the V1 is that you can hard wire it into your ride preventing the need to use the cigarette lighter. :top:

Last edited:
Top Bottom