Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WTB: SubX or something similar

Iggy08

Reaction score
I'm looking to finally add some base into my baby. I don't have to have something that shakes up the whole block, but I really would love to add base. I was thinking of just getting a 8" or 10" sub and I want to put it in the center like the SubX box. If anyone would like to get rid of there's I might be interested for the right price. If you want to get rid of the sub along with the box let me know which sub you have and how much so I can think it over, I haven't bought anything since I'd like to keep money in this forum :top:

If not I was thinking of getting one of these (price is ok for them)
https://www.soundoffaudio.com/item.cfm/id/2360
https://www.soundoffaudio.com/item.cfm/id/2426

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Do the pics in the link show up on anyone else's phone? It's not on mine :(

justin13703

Reaction score
I would not do an 8. I have a 10 in a box similar to the larger one in that link. Just because the box is larger doesn't really mean you're losing space. It sits in pretty much unused space. The reason I would go with a 10, is because even if you don't want a lot of bass, most 8 inch subs are easy to damage. For example, most people don't realize how loud they actually turn their radio when they're on the highway going 70+ with the windows down. Depending on the sub and amp/radio settings this can easily damage a sub, especially the smaller ones like 8's.

Iggy08

Reaction score
I want an 8" more because I want the smaller box, which would be almost perfect size for an 8". I'm also looking for a stronger cone, something similar to the Type-R. And I doubt I'd ever roll down the windows on the highway, I rarely open my windows at all lol
But price wise, I think a 10" would be more bang for my buck because they're really close in price anyways

dramad1

Reaction score
I have that box from soundoffaudio w/ the 10" cut out and I have the new type r in it. Works great. If ordering this box, I would definitely reseal the whole box with glue. I notice when I received mine that they missed some spots so I ended up resealing the whole box before installing sub. The air/vol for the 10" box is just enough for the sub so I wouldn't worry about it being to small. If you order this box it will take at least 3 weeks before you receive it because they do not start making it until your payment has cleared.
Another option for a box would be one from taco tunes loaded with one of there subs but its a lot more pricey. Or wait for one to pop up I. The forsale threads. Making your own is another option, way more cost effective. Just need the right tools and material with basic carpentry skills. Plenty of how to vids on YouTube. Lol. JL makes a stealth box that I thought was pretty pimp but it takes up your center console. Pricey as well.
Few pics of my box from soundoffaudio

Attachments

• image-3566290330.jpg
    image-3566290330.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 117
  • image-2204156282.jpg
    image-2204156282.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 125
  • image-4195215078.jpg
    image-4195215078.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 119
  • image-956200131.jpg
    image-956200131.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 118

Iggy08

Reaction score
If I go with an 8", I'm thinking of getting a Rockford Fosgate sub. The cones are kevlar like the Type-R so I assume it will be pretty good quality, but is there a better sub than that for around $50? I found the 8" Rockford Fosgate for $60 free shipping on Sonic Electrinix, seems good enough for what I want in close enough price

Top Bottom