Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WTB: X-Brace

Blitzkrieg

Reaction score
My non-X-Runner wants to stop being a wet noodle. If you have an x-brace you don't need, let me know what you want to ship it to 53076.

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
i don't see how they would make your frame flex more but they will give you less body roll! i had a 2wd 2.7L taco before the X and it definitely could have benefited greatly from a good set of sways! i doubt anyone is going to take there x-brace off there truck. if i was you i'd do the sways and if you still aren't satisfied you would probably need to get a custom made x-brace or get one off an X in a pick n' pull if you can find one

Blitzkrieg

Reaction score
Yeah, I figure that unless someone is parting-out their smashed truck, I probably won't get any offers, but I thought I'd try none-the-less. X-Runners are really rare in my part of the country (I've only seen 1!!!)... I doubt there are any wrecks available to pick apart within reasonable distance.

Since the end links of the sway bar attach to the frame, I'd have to assume that they're going to cause an un-braced frame to flex due to the forces at work. If there was no force at the end of the swaybar, there wouldn't be any point in bolting it to the frame, no? :smile:

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
Yeah, I figure that unless someone is parting-out their smashed truck, I probably won't get any offers, but I thought I'd try none-the-less. X-Runners are really rare in my part of the country (I've only seen 1!!!)... I doubt there are any wrecks available to pick apart within reasonable distance.

Since the end links of the sway bar attach to the frame, I'd have to assume that they're going to cause an un-braced frame to flex due to the forces at work. If there was no force at the end of the swaybar, there wouldn't be any point in bolting it to the frame, no? :smile:

haha same up here where i am. i've seen maybe 5 or 6 X's other than mine in the past year. i'm not sure but i doubt stiffer sways could make your frame flex more. probably make your frame flex a little less if anything. i do remember a lot of body roll on the regular tacos though and i would definitely do sways if i still had mine. you should talk to amy or buck at XII and see what they say about it

this explains it http://www.tuninglinx.com/html/strut-bars.html

Last edited:

MplsX

Reaction score
TommyX is right, I'ld go with the sways, but I'ld pass on the strut tower brace.

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
TommyX is right, I'ld go with the sways, but I'ld pass on the strut tower brace.

i haven't seen a strut tower brace for our trucks yet. is there even one available for us yet :dontknow:

x20Runner05

Reaction score
Strut tower braces for trucks are not usually common at all. Cuz the struts mount to the frame at the top and its not in a visible area to bolt a brace to it like you cabin cars

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
Strut tower braces for trucks are not usually common at all. Cuz the struts mount to the frame at the top and its not in a visible area to bolt a brace to it like you cabin cars

ya i think you would have to move a few things around in the engine bay and have quite the big bend in the brace to wrap around everything because the struts sit so low. they look great in some cars but i bet they don't help no where near as much as a good sway bar

Grumpy

Reaction score
Never confuse chassis strenghtening component with suspension component. Front part of the braces are not expensive if used items are not available. Will bolt right up. For the rear, you need to fab up mount under the shackles.

Strut tower brace is usually made for unibody vehicle, which we're not.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Could you just bolt in a hitch receiver and get the same effect? :dontknow:

Top Bottom