Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WTF...$875

TACOMATOSED

Reaction score
I need some help and any and all suggestions are appreciated.
I was helping a friend move last week and i backed over a railroad tie and damaged the ground effects behind the wheel, in front of the wheel, and the fender flare, all on the passenger side . To make a long story short, i got an estimate and it was $875. The fender flare itself is $374 (comes already painted) and the other two pieces are $109 (rear piece behind the wheel) and $91 (piece in front of the wheel). i dont want to turn this into insurance ($500 deductible plus risk of insurance rates increasing) If anyone knows how i can get these parts cheaper please let me know...this could potentially cause me to miss X-Fest...:thumpdown:
i don't have a picture of my damage but i circled the parts i need in red on the pic below...thanks for your help in advance! DAMAGE.JPG

Hitman

Reaction score
have your tried checking the junk yards or that toyota website that sales things for cheap I cant remember the web address :hmmmm2:

Mrs. Stevenredx

"I Hit Things"
Reaction score
Geoff that sucks! I don't have any suggestions on what to do but I hope you find it cheaper!

~Good Luck~

morcheez

Reaction score
yup those are some expensive pieces....noticed that when the dealer replaced all of mine when doing the bed crack tsb...stupid thing was it said made in mexico on all of them :thumpdown:

TACOMATOSED

Reaction score
Thanks for all of your help! i knew i could count on you guys ! :top:

Spyder327

Reaction score
It's tough finding those pieces for cheap, junkyard or something like that would be the only good bet to really get them "cheap"

Yotaman

"Shortbus"
Reaction score
Major bummer dooder! :thumpdown:

You're goin to XFE, you don't have a choice. :biggrin:

Those are some great links...I wanna replace all of my pieces form the the side skirts back. and then get the 3M film.

VaBchXRunner

"The Bargain Baron"
Reaction score
i might have 2 extra fender flares at the end of this week. going in today for the bed side crack tsb. not sure if they will let me keep the old ones or not. i will ask and find out for ya.:top:

yayxrunner707

Reaction score
well if you have a friend that works for toyota that can get you the hook up do it. its way cheaper. for the left spoiler i went from 284 unpainted regular customer price to 174 unpainted hook up price.

TACOMATOSED

Reaction score
i might have 2 extra fender flares at the end of this week. going in today for the bed side crack tsb. not sure if they will let me keep the old ones or not. i will ask and find out for ya.:top:
Duane, that would be so great...let me know...and i would be ever so greatfull...:top:...

hrspwr236

Reaction score
dont let a little damage keep you from a xfest, ill garantee it will be worth even if you are missing a 1/3 of your truck

KETCHUP

Reaction score
hard to find em cheaper Im afraid.....unless you find some used ones. If this is the first time you have used your insurance, It will not raise it in most cases. If you have another accident, that would likely raise it then. Hope everything works out bro. Keep us posted.

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
hard to find em cheaper Im afraid.....unless you find some used ones. If this is the first time you have used your insurance, It will not raise it in most cases. If you have another accident, that would likely raise it then. Hope everything works out bro. Keep us posted.

To add onto that... it often won't raise if the damage (what the insurance co pays) is under a certain amount. That certain amount may vary based on insurance company.

TACOMATOSED

Reaction score
I haven't had a claim on my X-Runner and i bought it in april of 2006. if i remember correctly i didn't have one on the V.W. GTI that i bought in 2002 that i traded in on the X..i just don't want to risk it. my deductible is $500 and i can get the costs down to $600 or $700 it will be worth not turning in to insurance

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Hey bro, if by the time i get some free time you havn't found anything yet i will do some digging and calling around for ya.

Oh yeah, either way your ass is going to XFE. It's mandatory for you. :eviltongue:

TACOMATOSED

Reaction score
Hey bro, if by the time i get some free time you havn't found anything yet i will do some digging and calling around for ya.

Oh yeah, either way your ass is going to XFE. It's mandatory for you. :eviltongue:
Thanks Steven... i may just have to do the two to body kit pieces and have my body shop paint them and save up for the fender flare and do that last since it comes painted if i order it new. I'm gonna check some junk yards but the ones around here don't have any. I guess that's downfall of having a rare truck! :dontknow:

Top Bottom