Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

x brace?

Xtacy

Reaction score
bought all the supplies needed for this mod...

but how the hell did some of you get it off? it seems to be on there pretty tight...i sprayed a lot of PB blaster and wd-40. My only guess is maybe a impact gun...was anyone able to muscle it off?

dmbfan73

Reaction score
bought all the supplies needed for this mod...

but how the hell did some of you get it off? it seems to be on there pretty tight...i sprayed a lot of PB blaster and wd-40. My only guess is maybe a impact gun...was anyone able to muscle it off?
didnt have any problems getting mine off with a breaker bar, cant remember the size of the socket though.

Xtacy

Reaction score
i think its a 17, i dont gota breaker bar tho.....maybe i should go buy one

ntinhri

Reaction score
slide the handle of your jack over the ratchet!!

Xtacy

Reaction score
slide the handle of your jack over the ratchet!!
how would this work? more leverage? so i should use a 17 ratchet and the handle from the jack which goes thru the the ratchet?

dmbfan73

Reaction score
how would this work? more leverage? so i should use a 17 ratchet and the handle from the jack which goes thru the the ratchet?
the open end of the jack handle over the handle of the ratchet, provides much more leverage.

thunder24685

Reaction score
better have a good ratchet or you will no longer have a ratchet!!!!!!!!!!!

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
Ummm...quick question. What's "all" the supplies that you had to buy for it? Don't you just need spray paint? Just curious. Unless you're doing something else. Also, yours might be hard to take off cause it's a 2005. All that gunk and stuff probably made it more harder to unbolt.

Xtacy

Reaction score
YELLOW:biggrin:

mines a 05 so the bolts arent as fresh

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
sand paper, primer, spray, clear coat

Ahhh! I just used whatever sandpaper I had and sprayed it. I figure no point in clear coating and making it all nice since it's gonna chip eventually. Haha! Then again, we did this to our trucks a loooonnnnnggggg time ago. Like in 2006 (my first XR).

Xtacy

Reaction score
DAMMIT! encountered a major prob fellas...well, i found the solution to getting the bolts off, lotsa wd-40 and a breaker bar.

however, 3/4 of the bolts came off...the last(by the exhaust) kept turning, and turning, and turning, and i was wondering what the hell is going on?! the bolt itself turns but it isnt getting looser or even tighter...i think maybe the the inside bolt might be stripped. anyone know what i should do?? i ended up putting the bolts all back..for now i have to delay...the bolt isnt stripped, but i think the inside thread is...:motz:

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
DAMMIT! encountered a major prob fellas...well, i found the solution to getting the bolts off, lotsa wd-40 and a breaker bar.

however, 3/4 of the bolts came off...the last(by the exhaust) kept turning, and turning, and turning, and i was wondering what the hell is going on?! the bolt itself turns but it isnt getting looser or even tighter...i think maybe the the inside bolt might be stripped. anyone know what i should do?? i ended up putting the bolts all back..for now i have to delay...the bolt isnt stripped, but i think the inside thread is...:motz:

Tap & DIE!!!! Kit. That's what you need.

Top Bottom