Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NEWS X-Fest 2010, whaddup?

Which dates work best for you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There have been quite a few people asking about X-Fest (East) 2010 and when it's going to be and where. I have given this a ton of thought, since the beginning of April, and have finally come to the conclusion while on vacation with my family that I will not be hosting an X-Fest this year. That doesn't mean that there won't be one, but I will not be hosting it. I have already talked to a few other people that are interested in hosting a large meet in Virginia or North Carolina but those details are yet to come.

So - why no X-Fest this year for me? Quite frankly, I want a year off. X-Fest (and other large meets like Tex-Fest) take a lot of planning and coordination. I think even Nate and Matt found this out last year. It seems like it would be very easy to organize a 3 day meet with 30-40 people but it's harder than you would think. It really gives me a whole new appreciation for SEMA and HIN. This year I want to use my vacation time to go to the beach with my family (just did that a couple weeks ago and it was AWESOME - our first family vacation in 7 years) and I also want to take some time to go visit my brother in Indianapolis. While X-Fest doesn't take but a single day of vacation time I usually take an extra day before to get all my stuff in order and clean the truck and a couple days after to recoup and relax. This year, I choose to spend that time with my wife and kids instead. As my kids get older, they KNOW when we leave them with family to go out of town for the weekend and it gets harder and harder to leave them each time. Now there are times that we want to get away :biggrin: but X-Fest isn't the only trip we take each year without our kids. We go visit XRU friends (and other friends) as well throughout the year.

So that's the deal. While a part of it makes me sad, I am already working on something bigger for next year. The ball is already rolling. In the meantime, keep an eye out for large meets organized on the EC as I'm sure there will be at least two. Thanks to everyone that has attended X-Fest in the past and I hope that you guys understand my need for a year off and will still look forward to coming next year!

Attachments

• xfest_2010.png
    xfest_2010.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 1,114

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I assumed that was the case after talking to you last year. Kind of sucks, but it's completely understandable. You got to take care of the family first. Can't wait to see what you are planning for next year. :top:

Now I still need to hit up a meet this year. So you East Coast guys better plan something and make it worth the drive or I am heading to Texas. :crinklehair:

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
So K2 will you be attending any of the events possibly?

Im guessing VA beach crew will probably step up, so keep an eye out blackx

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So K2 will you be attending any of the events possibly?

If my schedule allows, I'd love to go to a meet or two. Haven't been to a meet this year...

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with Lee......VA Beach Fest '10 sounds like a great time :top: Come on VAB crew, here's your chance to step up to the plate.

1) NHXRUNNER :laugh:

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
I'll set something up for the east coast guys if we get the interest

Whatta you guys think?

We can pull the Va Beach, NC, and NOVA guys together for a weekend and try and plan, then set it all up. I think the Charlotte area would actually be nice ( go to a few race shops) etc.

indoor karting at the pit, I think I can some up with somethign

Justin

Tapp

Reaction score
klint,

brother, don't be sad...Sit back and look at what you have created!! look at the number of members you have here and XRU continues to grow everyday. I wounder if you have ever imagined that this would be where it is today, and what a loss we would be if you never created this great community of "brothers and sisters".

I myself and others truly know just how much TIME you put into this website AND how much time you put into your work life.. Remember when i came up that one and weekend, and this guy had to bring his work home! i wanted to slap him silly...:bird:

Between the website, your work, and family all in a juggle...i just don't know how you do it. Just like everyone here has always said, and will always understand. FAMILY IS FIRST!!!!! enough said........

My hat is off to you:adore:

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't forget about the northeast and canadians!!!!!! :biggrin:

VA Beach or DC would be better for us.

RJDoute

"My Salami Nipples Ooze Milk"
Reaction score
If VA throws together a meet I'm already there. Finally get to shake some hands, looking forward to it.

ntinhri

Reaction score
OK so Justins planning something! Justin if you need help let me know. I dont have a lot of time, but will help if I can. Its not x=fest, but XRU is welcome at my house for pool meet! Im sure I will do a second one before the end of the summer. Im actually getting very excited to see how many folks show up in july!

Gadget

Reaction score
OK, it is decided.

1. There will be an X-Fest.

2. K2 will be attending as a GUEST and will enjoy himself.

3. It will be in the VA Beach area.

4. K2 will still design the T-Shirt.

5. Boost Clothing will have them made.

6. Steve will bring the tarp and luber.

7. Justin will take the lead on the organization and deligate as needed.

8. David will be enforcing all the rules he makes up on the spot without any advanced warning.

9. Spyder will bring the popcorn.

10. Jason will coordinate the hotel.

11. Yardie will arrange the food and restaurants.

So there you are. Simple.

G

ntinhri

Reaction score
OK, it is decided.

8. David will be enforcing all the rules he makes up on the spot without any advanced warning.

G

Epic!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol:laugh:

trd_sport

Reaction score
So - why no X-Fest this year for me? Quite frankly, I want a year off. X-Fest (and other large meets like Tex-Fest) take a lot of planning and coordination. I think even Nate and Matt found this out last year. It seems like it would be very easy to organize a 3 day meet with 30-40 people but it's harder than you would think. It really gives me a whole new appreciation for SEMA and HIN.
yes !!!!! there is so much that goes on behind the scenes that noone even thinks about until they start the planning process. The good thing is our group on xru know how to have a fun responsible time which is the real reason anyone would think about organizing these types of events. They are just a really good time with good people, so if you have a chance to make a large meet dont miss the opportunity!

Phoenix

"Snow Ninja"
Reaction score
kudos on taking time off for you and the fam. Your priorities are definitely in order!

Annnnd with that being said, looks like I won't be at X-Fest since there won't be one.. hahaha

2006nightrider

Reaction score
OK, it is decided.

G
#8 & 9 are freakin hilarious :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I am having a house warming party sometime in late July/early August.

Well see what happens boys:top:

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
OK, it is decided.

G

12. NHXRUNNER is willing to help if need be :top:

Just stay away from the weekend of Sept 18th. I'll be in FL. Otherwise I'm in and want to help make this happen. :rock:

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
OK, it is decided.

G

Well guess that settled....

Dates? As far as VB I can already tell you hotels are quicker to work with you after Labor day... And Columbus Day weekend is a huge soccer weekend whenever that falls...

SSSXR

Reaction score
Don't forget about the northeast and canadians!!!!!! :biggrin:

VA Beach or DC would be better for us.

Ya for sure, DON'T FORGET ABOUT US! I still want to come too, and im sure a few other canadians will want to this year also. I will go anywhere i can drive to in a day.

well i googled from my house to VA Beach and it shows about 13.5 hours so im down!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom