Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

X-Fest Convoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I figured since it's getting close we should start a thread to see if we can get a good group to roll in on Friday. John (Christdenied) and myself will be leaving from the Cherry Hill, NJ area (Just east of Philly) bright and early on the 24th to ride into Williamsburg. If there is anyone that plans to arrive on Friday morning coming from the north, you are all more than welcome to join our "convoy" Please sign up below so we know who we'll be looking for that morning. We can discuss a more detailed rendezvous location once we get a good list going.
If you have a two-way radio, BRING IT!

1. NHXRUNNER
  2. Christdenied
  3. Gadget
  4. benxr
  5. blk_xrunner
  6. WallasX
***UPDATE***
See link below for current route. I will be traveling from A to B on Thursday evening. Then meeting John at C in the morning, then Gadget, benxr, blk_xrunner, WallasX, and Gee at D. Then off to Busch Gardens.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Londonderry,+NH+03053&daddr=41.02148,-74.06952+to:40.83981,-74.17996+to:2349+Marlton+Pike+W,+Cherry+Hill,+Camden,+New+Jersey+08002+to:708+Lees+ave+Collingswood,NJ+08108+to:8321+Old+Marlboro+Pike,+Upper+Marlboro,+MD+20772-2616+(Forestville+Volunteer+Fire)+to:2007+Richmond+Rd.++,+Williamsburg,+VA,+US,+23185+to:United+States+(Busch+Gardens+England+Entrance)&geocode=Fb8RjgIdf-u--ymzR-yPWk3iiTEoWzO91UEXBg%3BFSjwcQId8MmV-ynlLy8UtuXCiTEnI5rRk9D_KQ%3BFYIqbwIdiBqU-ynd_KB-mP_CiTEEkbbunWPNdQ%3BFRg6YQIdhMiG-ym3fWyYwsvGiTG95fqckHZFzQ%3BFUrtYAIdF4qG-ymZU8zMrM7GiTE1R1nd8oiwQg%3BFX-YUAId-ipr-yG5xO_6WdyvRyn1S808Zb63iTH8q6AQN-Zj9w%3BFaIkOQIdaz5t-ymN9xbLW4mwiTENmr__x9QTJQ%3BFQgzOAIdgnJu-yH-Din-Me4_ow&hl=en&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=11&via=1,2&sll=40.980416,-73.99704&sspn=0.304283,0.837021&ie=UTF8&ll=40.797177,-74.382935&spn=1.220487,3.348083&t=h&z=9

Convoy Waypoints

B= Crowne Plaza Cherry Hill, my hotel Thursday night
C= John's House, meeting place Friday morning for Christdenied, Benxr, and myself (8:30 AM)
D= Volunteer Fire House in Forestville, MD, meeting place for Gadget, WallasX, blk_xrunner (~11:15 AM)
E= Comfort Inn Central Williamsburg, VA (~2:00-3:00 PM)
F= Busch Gardens (~2:00-3:00 PM)

Last edited:

Gadget

Reaction score
I can meet you along the I-95 corridor in the DC area.

Great place for me is right off the MD RT4 Pennsylvania Ave Exit on the Capitol Belt Way. That will be a few exits before the Wilson Bridge going into VA.

G

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
That's about 2 - 2-1/2 hrs from John. So I guess John and I should figure out what time we're gonna head out so we can give you a better idea what time we'll be able to meet you. :top:

Gadget

Reaction score
I am about 40 minutes from there so all I would need is a phone call when you are about an hour out and I can be there to meet you.

G

benxr

Reaction score
I figured since it's getting close we should start a thread to see if we can get a good group to roll in on Friday. John (Christdenied) and myself will be leaving from the Cherry Hill, NJ area (Just east of Philly) bright and early on the 27th to ride into Williamsburg. If there is anyone that plans to arrive on Friday morning coming from the north (you crazy Canucks better be there), you are all more than welcome to join our "convoy" Please sign up below so we know who we'll be looking for that morning. We can discuss a more detailed rendezvous location once we get a good list going.

1. NHXRUNNER
  2. Christdenied
  3. benxr
I'll join that list.. It's about a 1.5 hr drive down the turnpike for me.

But just to clarify, you mean the 24th, right?

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
We'll be in midday on Friday.

My personal plan is to drive to Cherry Hill from NH on Thursday night after I get out of work. I'll meet John, Ben, and Gadget in the am.

Last edited:

blk_xrunner

Reaction score
We'll be in midday on Friday. We'll meet you guys at Busch Gardens.

My personal plan is to drive to Cherry Hill from NH on Thursday night after I get out of work. I'll meet John, Ben, and Gadget in the am.

Add another X!!! I will be meeting up with Gadget to roll with y'all too! :rockon:

hawkone29

Reaction score
im dyin to go but dont know if ill be able to get off work friday and sat. :thumpdown:

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Thread cleaned of all Canadian convoy clutter and OP updated.

Hawkone29, hope things work out so you can join us.

Also to everyone that will be in the convoy, remember your two-way radios. I'll probably have one extra.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Bump to the top. Just want to see if this still works for everyone on the list.

benxr

Reaction score
***UPDATE***
See link below for current route. I will be traveling from A to B on Thursday evening. Then meeting John at B in the morning, then Gadget, benxr, and blk_xrunner at C. Then off to Busch Gardens.

I'm still in. I can meet you guys at B (Cherry Hill) as well. What time do you plan on meeting up?

Murderface

Reaction score
I'm still in. I can meet you guys at B (Cherry Hill) as well. What time do you plan on meeting up?

NHXrunner is gonna meet me at my house at:
708 Lees ave
Collingswood,NJ 08108.

We want to leave my house not later then 7am.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
So I saw in the XFE thread that you want to head to the hotel first John? I had planned to go straight to BG. Is the hotel north or south of the park?

Also check in time isn't until 3pm..........

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
So I saw in the XFE thread that you want to head to the hotel first John? I had planned to go straight to BG. Is the hotel north or south of the park?

Also check in time isn't until 3pm..........

its north,

post you planned route from google map and I can maybe make a few suggestions.

The hotel is 5 min from my house and about 10 min from the park. It is on the same road at the park, but the historic area is in between and confusing as hell

Justin

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
its north,

post you planned route from google map and I can maybe make a few suggestions.

The hotel is 5 min from my house and about 10 min from the park. It is on the same road at the park, but the historic area is in between and confusing as hell

Justin

See the OP :top:

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
See the OP :top:

if you are going straight to the park, I wouldnt get off at the 199 exit like your map shows. BG has its own designated exit ( its the next exit past 199) and will swing right to the front gate.

saves a little time,

if you are going to the Hotel first, I will meet you there

Justin

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
if you are going straight to the park, I wouldnt get off at the 199 exit like your map shows. BG has its own designated exit ( its the next exit past 199) and will swing right to the front gate.

saves a little time,

if you are going to the Hotel first, I will meet you there

Justin

We'll see what the other guys have to say. Hotel check-in isn't until 3 so I would think direct to the park but it's a group decision, not mine.

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
We'll see what the other guys have to say. Hotel check-in isn't until 3 so I would think direct to the park but it's a group decision, not mine.

if you have a truck full of stuff and dont want to leave it in the parking lot, we can always dump at my house and pick it up after.

Justin

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
if you have a truck full of stuff and dont want to leave it in the parking lot, we can always dump at my house and pick it up after.

Justin

Can't speak for the rest but my stuff will be under the Speedsturr (love that thing). I should be fine. :top:

Side note......get the raffle tickets goin, I'm hemmorhaging money like it's my job, just another place for it to go :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom